Please help me identify these cranks

mintyjim

Dirt Disciple
Hi there,
I picked up an oldish Muddy Fox Courier Comp yesterday and it had these cranks on it. The rings are Pace but I have no idea what are the cranks.
Very lightweight with absolutely no markings whatsoever.

Any ideas? Cheers

p4pb7589888.jpg

p4pb7589890.jpg

Those are Raceface I-Beams mate...........

I just received some in the post yesterday! Let me know if you're selling :LOL:

Cool, thanks! Hmm, not too sure if I'm selling, that was the idea but now having spent sometime on this site I may keep them to eventually build the bike I want..
Any idea what year they are and what they're worth with or without the chain rings (which have loads of life in them still)
Cheers

That's a nice set of Race Face Turbine I-Beam's! Not sure how to date them either, bet there seemed to be a few different ways the IB's had the spider mount to the crank arm, the set I have has a lock ring, I've seen some with an allen/hex bolt, and some that are friction fit thread on.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74449

There's a 6 page thread here dedicated to Turbines, throw up your pics there, and maybe get a picture of the rear as well.

Turbine I beams yes but that's the clover leaf spider, hard to find and pretty well sought after. Great find.

Cool, thanks for the feedback guys! I'll get some decent piccies done this w/e and posted onto that Turbine link.
Any idea what they're worth?
Cheers

Well we'll probably both get yelled at for valuating things outside of the XYZ thread but those will fetch somewhere in the $150 - $200 range though I haven't seen a set sell in quite some time.

Hey, thanks and my sincere apologies for breaking protocol, my first day on retrobike and I'm already breaking rules! Badass

looks to be almost the same as the ones I have …

http://retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=176635

you need a tasty RM to through them onto though. anything else is just blasphemy! :twisted:

As Tousi stated, ones that are for compact rings have a bolt that secures the spyder to the crank arm, standard ones with the larger spyder have a lock ring used to secure them.

Sorry… had a look at the sets I have and I have that reversed. compact w/ lock ring and standard with bolt.

Back