GT STS selfmade update parts

Ironv6

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just wanted to install a better shock in my STS so i designed and built some parts to adapt a Monarch 4.2 to the trunion link. I also made a caliper support for the rear brake. Hope you enjoy the pics. The travel chips where also made with two holes at different distances in order to have some more travel options, just to test.

foto.jpg

foto5.jpg

foto4.jpg

IMG_8339.JPG

IMG_8355.JPG

Interesting to see how this goes, you look really handy with this sort of thing so heres an idea - how about machining up a plate to fit where the plastic GT plate sits on the underside of the STS downtube? I'm missing this off my STS I Drive and from speaking to other riders they seem to have a tendancy to drop out randomly leaving a big hole - See pic below
I reckon you could sell them on here ;)

Attachments

• dscn4640_506.jpg
    dscn4640_506.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 2,900
horshamhornet":2qtvd1bx said:
Interesting to see how this goes, you look really handy with this sort of thing so heres an idea - how about machining up a plate to fit where the plastic GT plate sits on the underside of the STS downtube? I'm missing this off my STS I Drive and from speaking to other riders they seem to have a tendancy to drop out randomly leaving a big hole
I reckon you could sell them on here ;)

No problem in making the plate, what i don´t know is how to keep it in place.

Could you upload a pic of the hole that appears when the plastic plate drops?

your lucky , i cant get mine off , think its been glued in place
dont want to wreck it by levering it off tho i might have too

iron v6 ,cool solution there mate , whats the disc mount made from (gt logo and all) ?

mikee":29m492oe said:
your lucky , i cant get mine off , think its been glued in place
dont want to wreck it by levering it off tho i might have too

iron v6 ,cool solution there mate , whats the disc mount made from (gt logo and all) ?

The support has been milled from square alu stock, then i copied the logo from GT web, vectorized it and then generated the CNC program to engrave it.

Talking about the XCR i would say that it can be done but as it is not plain it would require a lot of milling, i will draw something and upload the design here.
I hope it is not a problem for admins if i upload the pics here.
In order to fix it to the bike you could use epoxi (araldit glue), it is perfect for alu.

what raster to vector program did you use ?
tried some of the free ones , and used corel draw to dxf stuff then cam them from there

love cnc's

mikee":3soy3h17 said:
what raster to vector program did you use ?
tried some of the free ones , and used corel draw to dxf stuff then cam them from there

love cnc's

I insert the pic in autocad and i draw splines over the raster image, it takes a while but the results are good. I tried many raster to vector programs but you allways have to make little mods so at the end i decided to do it by hand.

ahh , done it that way too , dont have the patience for that ,tho did electrodes for EDM'ing a bike club badge that way

Hi Ironv6, please keep this thread updated if you do find time to make this plate, would definately like one to fill in that horrible hole thats currrently just filling up with mud!
I wouldn't be too fussed about having the GT logo on it either (if it makes it easier to produce)and I'm sure I could get it to stick in there with some decent sealant or similar

Back