Found my Animal watch!

MiniNinjaRob

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've never really worn a watch much and the only one I've ever had is this one my wife bought me in the first few years we were together. It's a Wo38 model. I wore it for years then sent it back to Animal for a new battery. That battery only lasted one year but because I hadn't kept the paperwork they would'nt fit a new one for free, so in a drawer it went in disgust. :roll:

I need a watch again and I've been trying to find it but as always it's somewhere "safe". Found it by chance just now along with my wife's similar watch so off back to Animal they will go ready to use again!

f1494719.jpg

I've got one of those but the glass has come loose so may need to send it back myself. However I take my animal watches to Debenhams instore watch repairs as they replace batteries for animal watches and pressure test them. Usually they give a very good warranty on the batteries and do it in about half an hour.

I remember having one of these.
God knows where it is now.

Grandchildren (if I ever have any!) will probably end up with it on antiques roadshow at some point, being asked about its providence, when all they really want to know is if it's worth enough to fund a new steel frame!

It's easy peasy changing batteries over with a little kit. You can get a kit off ebay for a tenner or so and batteries are pennies if you buy 10 or so. It pays for itself in no time if you've got a couple or more watches :)

It winds me up these days that you can't get the type of Animal strap (or any manufacturer that I can find) that goes through the metal loop and velcros back on itself. All there seem to be now are ones that are a single length of velcro that attaches to itself either side of your wrist - and hurts when the spiky bits of velcro stick in! :evil:

NATO straps are a very good, cheap, solid option if you can't find a replacement Animal strap. No velcro and a proper system of fixing both the watch to the strap and then the strap to your wrist. Very comfortable, not bulky. Highly recommended.

wow, is that an original 1st edition Animal W001 with a glow face (in pic above)? I had one of those, must still be about in the bottom of a drawer. Are they worth anything these days?

I've got an orange original one and a later blue one. Sent them both off to get repaired last year and new batteries though the marker for 12 o clock has fallen off on the orange one, was gonna get it fixed on the warranty but then lost the paperwork so I'll have to pay again if I ever bother!

Back