1998 Marzocchi Bomber Mr. T

pepon_17

Retro Newbie
hi Guys,

I'm after a 1998 Marzocchi Bomber Mr. T. the one with 4 inches travel and 20mm axel double crown fork.
id really appreciate any help.
thanks a lot.

Jose

hi there. iv got a pasir in the attic but i dont think they asre 1998, possibly 1999or 2000. they are all silver, with a removable brace that i think is missing. v mounts and disc on one side, from memory.....

I have a 1998 works Super T but its too old and has too much soul to be given away. Besides that it leaks as hell and the aluminium for some of the lower parts is low grade or just meant to be temporary, as it is a racing fork. Curious, either way...

My best advice is to go looking on eBay (UK, Germany and U.S.), on Pinkbike and over here. If it doesn't bother you much, you could combine a lower from a Z1 Dual and the upper from a Jr. T, but it wuld be just wrong, as the Dual is a much more rare and valuable fork.

The original Mr. T had a bolt-on lower with 2 screws on one side, the later versions were QR20 and wit normal dropouts if I am not mistaking. My Super T has a total of 8 bolts on each side of the lowers, where the axle goes in, 4 for each side, but otherwise it's very similar to the Mr. T and Z1. When I rescued it in 2004, I e-mailed Marzocchi and they sent me original Z1 and Mr. T stickers for my rebuild. Try that! My type of fork is the one used by the Sintesi Verlicchi and Animal Orange teams around 1998/1999, right before the Monster showed up, and by Rocky Mountain's Froriders as late as 2002. I only know one ad of it, together with the Mr. T.

Cheers!
Mx

Back