PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:19 am 
King of the DuckBoard
King of the DuckBoard

Very very nice. Excellent buy/find

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:58 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Rarest rocking horse poo ever. I was searching for a set for my ( non-internet ) mate for 3 years. When they turned up he just said " BUY THEM!! "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:10 am 
Old School Hero

found on Marketplace for 10 euro's :shock:

Tommy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:12 pm 
Retro Guru

I have four pairs just now:

2x top end alloy version, one of which is NOS boxed, the other looks to be NOS but not boxed
1x low-end plastic / steel version (actually lighter than the alloy ones!) on my On-One Inbred Barry White
1x low-end plastic / steel version with cable adjusters just arrived in the post. Not seen this version before, thought there were only two variants.

All versions are 7-speed AFAIK, but you can get an eighth friction gear by 'overshifting' past the last click.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:50 pm 
Old School Hero

DoctorRad wrote:
I have four pairs just now:

2x top end alloy version, one of which is NOS boxed, the other looks to be NOS but not boxed
1x low-end plastic / steel version (actually lighter than the alloy ones!) on my On-One Inbred Barry White
1x low-end plastic / steel version with cable adjusters just arrived in the post. Not seen this version before, thought there were only two variants.

All versions are 7-speed AFAIK, but you can get an eighth friction gear by 'overshifting' past the last click.

Nice, do you have photos from these low end shifters?

Tommy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:36 pm 
Retro Guru

Before the set I've just received arrived, I'd had two sets of the low-end wishbones through my hands. The first I bought in Germany in 1992 and had worn out by 1996. They looked like this:

http://www.firstflightbikes.com/Shift50.jpg

No cable adjusters, and from above the lever looks like a straight thumbshifter with a second lever out of the side. The set which is now on my Inbred are the same, bought on eBay for £3.99 inc postage :D

The set I've just received are like the XCM / XCT / XCU wishbones pictured here, cable adjusters all present and correct and a lever which branches halfway like the XC Pro version:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... ewsIndex=1

As I say, I've never seen a set like this before, and I didn't know there were variations in the low-end wishbones before I started researching them today.

Though the three low-end groupsets above have the same wishbone shifter pictured, the catalogue numbers are different. I would therefore appear to have two of the three low-end variants, but I have no idea how the third one differs as I've never seen photos.

Bear in mind, AFAIK, that wishbones were never specced OEM on any bike, which is a major contribution to their relative rarity.