Hey guys, need help identifying these cantis

RTZ

Retro Newbie
Feedback
View
I'm new to retrobike and from the USA. Hope you guys can help me figure out what these brakes are. They came with a 92 Bridgestone MB-5 that I recently purchased. No markings on them at all.

Attachments

• photo (34).jpg
    photo (34).jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 3,140
brakes

I'm sure these came fitted to Kona's at some point in the mid 90's and i think i've got a set somewhere. If i remember correctly i'm sure they were called Kurve or something like that

None of them was an exact match, but atleast I'm getting a better idea as to what they are. Thank you!

I don't know enough about kona's parts but here's a picture of the Curve brakes, and they look different than these:

Attachments

• curvebrake.jpg
    curvebrake.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 2,999
RTZ":2dfdzble said:
None of them was an exact match, but atleast I'm getting a better idea as to what they are. Thank you!

No problem, it gets tricky there in the mid-90's, when everyone and their uncle was manufacturing or distributing some sort of light weight anodized cnc'd brakeset.

Would it be rude to suggest tha they may be home-made seeing as they have butchered a few bits off shimano brakes and look like they are not amazingly well designed (they look different though!)

Back