CoolTool

GT-Steve

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Digging around today, I found my old CoolTool which I bought in 1990...

Sadly the AllenKeys have long since been added to other toolkits, but it did have the bonus of the additional 1-1/4" headset spanner....

Not bad nick considering it's been sat doing nothing for 16+ yrs :shock:

:cool:
cooltool001.jpg

I broke my origional, bought one off net for £9 and another at one of the Bristol Cheesy Bike jumbles £3 including cover, allen keys and the 15mm wheel nut spanner. Love 'em..

Always got mine in my camelback, now I think about it I'm not sure why... the crank tool and chain splitter are both obsolete so its really just a large, heavy object for holding two allen keys together.

Old habits I guess :?

The chain splitter on mine still works a treat... :p :p

The adjustable spanner is the epitome of pony, tho... :LOL:

I had one of those BITD. Nasty never liked it. Still don't like any of the compact tool kits
:LOL:

Russell":1idtaxl6 said:
Always got mine in my camelback, now I think about it I'm not sure why... the crank tool and chain splitter are both obsolete so its really just a large, heavy object for holding two allen keys together.

Old habits I guess :?

Chain tool is only obsolete for taking the chain off to clean it, a chain tool is still necessary for trailside repairs...unless you're one of them belt driven dudes! :LOL:

And what do you mean the crank tool is obsolete? Isn't this a retro board? What is this word "obsolete" you speak of? :p :D

I imported a few titanium cool tools for some friends a few years back. I know at least 1 of them still uses his.

Back