thought that they were lost forever :( made my day :D :D

Attachments

• 100_1316.JPG
    100_1316.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,959
  • 100_1319.JPG
    100_1319.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,959
Now reunited with the frame .........in not so good condition :( and the bombers that came fitted when we bought it fo our son .

Attachments

• 100_1332.JPG
    100_1332.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 1,936
A familiar tube of autosol sitting there.
Excellent forks,i had a set of them arrive with my '99 clockwork.they ended up on my run-about-bike.

Is that twin mounts on the marzocchi :?

yep twin mounts....for running twin discs ... maby :shock: they are also in need of some tlc :( i will eventualy
get round to sorting that frame out !! could be a bit of a problem getting
a match for the paint though !

is there any real benefit of running brakes on the back side of forks? it seems to be mainly a uk thing, pace etc. first time i have seen rigid forks doing it mind.. yeah i had a pair of Z1 BITD, i also could never quite work out why the big M cast disc mounts on both legs..

someone did explain to me once the "advantage" of having the brakes on the back of the fork legs ....... but i cant remeber what it was :? and to be honest it cant be that good or more forks would be like it !!and yeh ive only seen one other pair .. and that was on here on another Orange :)

The mounts go on backwards so that when you break the forces of stopping don't push the pads out as they grip the wheel but in, To reduce flex as you break..

Back