GT RTS-1 frame

Vitorzip

Senior Retro Guru
Hi there.

In my 1st topic ( http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12375) i´ve introduced myself and showed a few bikes i had at home.

One of them was a late ´92 Gt RTS 1, wich i started to disassemble to turn the bike like it was back in those days, with the most original parts i could get.

The frame looked like this...

07082007203me3.jpg

Since then i´ve disassembled the frame, send the rear chromoly swingarm to a painting, polished the main triangle, and changed the decals for a new ones i found on ebay.

Now, my frame looks like this...

dsc07778jr0.jpg

There are still some stickers missing, but now i can start this project.

Right now i´m searching for a Mag 21 or a 21 SL TI. Already have a complete XTR M900 groupset.

Cheers ;)

???

I have an RTS 1 in build up stages too - how did you clean your frame and what is the rear shock - I don't recognise it?

Mr K

I´ve used a sponge with special alloy soap, normally used to clean the kitchen´s alloy hardware, and normally selling in the kitchen´s cleaning section of your supermarket. Removes even small scratches, without damaging the frames.

If i want a really shiny look, i use GS 27 Alloy Polish, wich i bought on the net. Gives a great finish.

The rear shox is an original Noleen, with an upgrade oil chamber installed by Team GT´s mechanic in the World Cup a few years ago. I just took the shox for a checkup and he came with that. I believe there are only 2 or 3 like this in the world... i´m trying to get an original sticker... have u got one?

Cheers

cleaning...

theres a cleaning solution called "plebys" thats used to clean scalextric track, it did a great job of my rts

Back