paul components

Why would something that shifts like a low-mid end shimano model, have a home (spiritual or otherwise) on a bike designed and or made in Yorkshire. Gods own county, blessed with scenery, last of the summer wine and mud that would cack this thing up before you could say Nora Batty.

If it has a spiritual home, it should be in my collection of CNC'd niceties. ;)

But the Pauls will still be sort of shifting gears long after the Pace has cracked at the seat clamp/headtube/random carbon tube of your choice*

And, anyway, why would you want to be in Yorkshire? It's full of Northerners for goodness' sake!

*delete depending on pace being RC100/200/300

shifting

yep this looks at home on most bikes
why I cant part with it
I had to wait a year to get hold of it when they came out

its family now

"Why would something that shifts like a low-mid end shimano model"

that good?

mikee":27qejrv6 said:
"Why would something that shifts like a low-mid end shimano model"

that good?

Depends on how good you are at setting your bike up and what other parts you use with it. Pauls and other cnc mechs get a bad rap mainly from ham-fisted home mechanics without a single ounce of knowledge. The people who bitch about them tend to be the same ones who could fck up setting up an xtr.

I've had a number of these mechs and they shift perfectly, just as long as you swap out the jockey wheels for floating ones and don't treat it like you would a disposable, low end shimano one.

pete_mcc":3swqagen said:
don't treat it like you would a disposable, low end shimano one

What do you mean (not being awkward)?

I've treated all my mechs the same, what extra attention does the Paul mech need - you make it sound like it needs more care (effort) than a normal mech which is probably half of the bad reputation

this worked on 7 8 and 9 speed fine with gore cables
dont see what the fuss is, it shifts fine
obviously people dont know how to set up a rear mech
:p

Back