AC Downhill cranks and new 46T DH ring

Mossy

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Had these AC downhill cranks for some time sitting in the draw, gifted to me from the brother-in-law. However, the ring is mashed and well beyond use. Was for sale on Retrobike but no takers.

Apparently finding a replacement chainring would be near impossible and more likley for man to land on the moon ;) hence the reason he gifted them to me.

So....look what turned upon ebay last week and I won for £0.99. Yahoo! :D

Any of you used these cranks before good / bad?

P1020497.jpg

P1020499.jpg

P1020500.jpg

I have the same cranks and chainring. I spent over a year searching for a spider for the cranks! I thought i'de never find one, until a single driveside crank came up for sale in the US. So I also have an anno red crank (if you ever spot an anno red non drive side let me know.)

Work as a crank should if a little on the heavy side for XC duty, but they are pretty.

On my Parkpre before it died :cry:

SNC13034.JPG

Now on my Saracen :D

SNC13401.JPG

SNC13424.JPG

Crud also runs them on his LTS-DH

GT.jpg

P6130139.jpg

Thanks for link and the pics are fab. Love the Tufftrax and the same cranks look sweet on the GT. I also have the AC chainguide system but this is tatty also.

Think i'll save for a rainy day and maybe SS them should the right frame and conditions occur.

Thanks for link and the pics are fab. Love the Tufftrax and the same cranks look sweet on the GT. I also have the AC chainguide system but this is tatty also.

Think i'll save for a rainy day and maybe SS them should the right frame and conditions occur.

I have one of those AC 46t solid rings in brand new condition, anyone know of any cranks that it'll fit? I'm building a fun bike and that ring would look great on it!

Deveron53":3ozy3jfw said:
I have one of those AC 46t solid rings in brand new condition, anyone know of any cranks that it'll fit? I'm building a fun bike and that ring would look great on it!

No
Sell it to me instead :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Kidding ;)

go ahead, make me an offer! I can always use it as a cake stand or a tray for some shot glasses! Amazing anodising, looks like slate!
I wonder if I could remove the spider from some shimano cranks and get some holes drilled?

Back