original self energising cantis

colinr

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Dug these out of the NOS parts cupboard to share with you.
These were the original self energising cantis before suntour ones
I believe that pederson sold the patent onto suntour.
I remember them back in the late 80s , they can be a bit lethal and grabby,best avoided on the front ;)

Attachments

• 2010_0726pederson0020.JPG
    2010_0726pederson0020.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 2,250
  • 2010_0726pederson0021.JPG
    2010_0726pederson0021.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 2,250
nice. Not seen the originals before. I have some Suntour ones which are self energising only on the rear I imagine for the reason you give.

I had 2 sets of rears on my old Pace (due to the front brake being on the back of the fork), and it was fine!

There was a single pair for sale on here a few months ago,

These were the only canti I wanted to uprgarde to, back in the very early 90's and never got round to it, and yeah they definitely sold out that part to Suntour ;)

Always searching, but I never find any :cry: :cry: :cry:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
U-brake version

4837899900_92c6cb63e9_b.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dont know how to put jason802 quote up in a box,but I pasted it in below

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/90-OFF-MSRP-SUNTO ... 5ad7f3e23a

They have matching fronts too but don't always list them. I bought rears from them last year and they messed up and sent fronts. Then they sent 2 sets of rears with a bolt missing. Then they sent another sent of fronts so I got 2 COMPLETE sets!

There's this set of matching fronts from a private seller too: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUNTOUR-SC-FRONT- ... 20b25b9e38

The ones posted by the private seller in the second link are the xc pro
CT- XP00 non energising version , Not as common as the energising version,only around from 90-92 I think. I have full 1990-91 xc-pro groupo
on my attitude and these are the versions on there, they have a large nut
on one the cantis which sits between stud and canti.These were lighter than the energising version.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I dont think those are the first version of pedersen , there was a version before that .

Back