Twin disc mount hub

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
My new toy :D
CNC alloy 36h the flanges are 68mm in diameter and the usual[i suppose] thickness,the section the rotor mount bolts onto is about 8mm thick with a raised section on the inside.
9mm axle bolt on,cup and race bearings.axle spins fine but a little gritty,a service is standard so they'll be nice soon enough.
I was initially disappointed when i got the hub as it was tarnished and looking sorry for itself,a couple of hours with a toothbrush and the metal polish and its as good as new.
Strange that the rotor mounts bolt onto the thickened section of the hub,using longer rotor bolts,these hold on the rotor at the same time.
Not light but not overly heavy,has a sturdy feel to it

1.Take one pair of rigid disc mount steel forks.[possible project 2's]
2.Have welder braze on another mount.*
3.Contact Big Eck :LOL: :LOL:

Attachments

• Dynas pics 013 (Large).jpg
    Dynas pics 013 (Large).jpg
    38 KB · Views: 4,340
  • Dynas pics 014 (Large).jpg
    Dynas pics 014 (Large).jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 4,340
  • Dynas pics 016 (Large).jpg
    Dynas pics 016 (Large).jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 4,340
And

Attachments

• Dynas pics 017 (Large).jpg
    Dynas pics 017 (Large).jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 4,337
  • Dynas pics 019 (Large).jpg
    Dynas pics 019 (Large).jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 4,337
  • Dynas pics 021 (Large).jpg
    Dynas pics 021 (Large).jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 4,337
sam_white":16ic2fdl said:
Whereabouts did you get the hub from?

On ebay.Just one of those badly listed with a weird finishing time and in the wrong section type of deals that you just must have.
Sod knows what im going to do with it :LOL:
The shell is very nice and i think its been cnc'd[certainly looks like it] but im surprised its a solid axle on cup and cone bearings.You'd think it would be cartridge :?

I little further forward in sorting this into a usable component
Thanks to Eck i have sourced the left and right calipers and the dual pull lever ill be buying shortly
Forks needs seals and service and i still have to drill out the right hand caliper mounts as the holes a mil to small for standard caliper mounting bolts,but its a minor job
Then find a suitable rim and get it built :D

Attachments

• twin.jpg
    twin.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 3,788
looking good :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

it's amazing how cheap and easy it is to get the parts (apart from the hub) to build this :LOL:

Back