Coda Magic cranks help

therapy

Old School Hero
Well, I've had an opportunity to buy one, like that one on the photo (not mine), but the seller had only crankarms (left+right) and the spindle/axle. There were no bearings, bearing cups or bolts which attach the crank to the BB.

Is it possible to get these missing parts from somewhere or did I miss something. Are these crankbolts somewhat special (different)? Has anyone a service guide or an exploded view of this crank?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Lukasz

Attachments

• img1217a.jpg
    img1217a.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 4,257
the crankbolts are different, they bolt into the BB axle and o into the crank but the part which goes into the BB has a bigger section. The other half of the bolt is smaller in section and it threads into the crank arm.

Cups are custom made for CODA magic cranks while spare bearings can be found in any shop.

In brief, if you don't have everything, it's difficult to find spare parts.

coda

Here's some pictures of the special bottom bracket for your crank:

Attachments

• 993Magic.jpg
    993Magic.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 4,205
  • 492Magic3.jpg
    492Magic3.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 4,205
Thanks guys, knew this will be the right place to ask .

Well, I've found out that these bearings are 6805 that gives 25x37x7mm (according to www.cannondale-parts.de). What is exaclty what have new Shimano cranks with integrated axle ;) .

I think that I could use "Big S" bearing cups :cool: with this crank, but would like to know more about these crank bolts.

I'm not sure but if I see correclty - they have two threads? (one for the BB and other for the crank arm), how does it work - is it left and right thread or something?

Well, the best would be to measure this bolt, someone? ;)

Cheers
Lukasz

I remember these things very well, and poss the reason there are no spares...

I used to spanner for a shop that literally couldnt get enough cannondales in to sell (in return for sparkly racey bits) and when these thing came out within the first week we had nearly ten back in with complaints of them splitting... Couple of graze marks on them but nothing major... and then out for a ride one night I bumped into a bunch of these guys with them....

About the same time '98 ish trials riding was just breaking into mainstream and martin ashton was of course using a cannondale - anyway these guys were using a concrete seawall to jump off and were smashing the crank arms on the way down - destroyed them instantly (being a lightweight xc crank and not a toughened trials crank) - Up until I saw his Cannondale had replaced about 30 through warranty...

And then I nearly got into a fight with a guy when I told him theyd stopped doing warrantly claims on 'misused' equipment and he swore blind he hadnt etc... good story, involves an ex para with anger management issues who nearly launched the c/dale rider throughthe shop window... :shock: ......... but Ill save that for another day...

Well, thanks for the info. bigdawg, according to what you've said, I'm not so sure I need them so much :? .

Back