Retro Helmets! (I'll show you mine if you show me yours ;) )

Owen

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
There are quite a few helmets from the old days that stick in my mind.. none more so than the Shoei/Troylee Daytona! BITD I would see all the pros wearing them in the emerging DH scene in the states, looking cool as f**k as they rattled down mammoth mountain! :cool: But for the XC riding I was doing back then they were always going to be overkill, and besides they were far too expensive for my parents to cough up for one. By the time DH really took off over here and my riding progressed that way, fullface helmets had become the norm so that was it, I never got round to owning one. :(

A year or two ago I was toying with which helmet to take on a ride. We were heading out on the 6" pedal up/thrash down bikes so a fullface was going to be far too hot, but I couldn't help thinking my lightweight weedy XC lid wasn't going to offer the kind of protection needed for some of the descents we were set to hit that day. I remember thinking an old school Daytona would have been perfect for that day, and a pretty good option for any 'all mountain/hardcore XC' type rides.

Since then I've been searching for one in good nick and in my size.. but it was proving to be a difficult search :roll:

Then the other week this popped up in the clasifieds..

:twisted: A very quick PM and paypal transaction and it was mine! :D I was more than happy when it arrived and it looked practically unused! :shock: And it fitted my head perfect! :cool:

As cool as it was though, in my head I always remembered these helmets with the Troylee flame graphics (never happy me :roll: ).

A few days ago while chatting with my mate who happens to own my LBS, he mentioned he had an original set of 3D flame decals stashed away! :shock:

So now I have the helmet I always wanted! Exactly how i remember it! :D

:cool:

This is my Etto Yeti TLD;)

<br>
main.php

<br>
main.php

<br>
main.php

theyre both cool
i also like the one on here (cant rememver who has it (shamus?))
it is a brain type one

the daytona reminds me of a m/bike trials helmet

S Works

Specialized S Works
Sub Zero

Like new as I always wear my Specialized Mountain Man in black and red.

DSC_0160.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

DSC_0169.jpg

Jamie

Back