Zo messenger bag

Tad

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Not MTB but I can't think of a better place to put it. Zo messenger bag by Erik Zo of San Francisco.

o5ekgTTl.jpg

I've know Eric for years. He and I share the distinction of being the only 2 American kids that spent a summer working for the Taylor brothers in Stockton on Tees ( but not at the same time though). He made me a custom "Rasta" Zo bag with a secret pocket for my "hemp"!

Do you still own this bag? I’ve been looking for one for years. Would you consider selling it?

Rumor had it that another Buddy of mine, Mark Norstad sold one of his on Ebay and got over $1800 dollars for it.

Last edited:
Yes I still have it, I’ve seen what they go for too.

Eric’s an amazing guy. I reached out to him and he made me a shoulder pad for it. Sent me a load of cool stuff too including some of his photography, a little fold out book of his and a typed letter (he seems very much like a typewriter sort of chap).

We have a shared love of bikes, photography and fond memories of Japan.

He addressed his package to me in the United Kingdumb.

@Caj Remtiw say hi to him from the United Kingdumb for me next time you’re in touch.

Last edited:
Cool AF. Although Timbuk 2 ripped of Zo’s design, I love my collection of various sized T2s. Nothing gets you in and out of a supermarket faster. Makes me feel 20 again when I ride ‘over all’ the car park obstacle's and take a short cut home through the park.

That is not true! Bicycle messenger bags have been around for a very long time. I bought a similar bag from EG Bates in London in 1974.
Thats what i heard from the guy who sold me my first 🤷🏻‍♂️ They were first designed in NY iirc. There were lots of satchel variants before oc. 🤗 Just out of curiosity any picks of the bag ? 🙂

Last edited:
Great bag. My elderly back means I mainly use a rucksack now but the early courier bags from the US will always have a place in my heart. Amazing how much stuff you can get into them.

Reactions: Tad

Latest posts

Back