Syncros Ti Seatpost

Kcheves

Retro Newbie
Hey there. This is a 31.6 mm Syncros Ti seatpost that is unfortunately missing the “D” shaped bottom half of the clamp. It should look like the picture with the saddle mounted, which is from my road bike.

Been scouring the web looking for this part. It’s a long shot, but if anyone has one they don’t need please reach out to me. I have several of these on different bikes and I think the part is interchangeable. Will probably just bite the bullet and buy a complete aluminum seatpost and scavenge the part, but then I’ll have another seatpost with half of a clamp.

Sorry the photos are sideways, not sure how to change the orientation.

Thanks.

Attachments

• E9740913-A24A-4CED-867C-1DC4ABBF760E.jpeg
    E9740913-A24A-4CED-867C-1DC4ABBF760E.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 2,745
  • 1FF81C50-E8CF-475F-A2AD-AECD5BF5C6F5.jpeg
    1FF81C50-E8CF-475F-A2AD-AECD5BF5C6F5.jpeg
    39.4 KB · Views: 2,745
Re:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=332892

If you scroll down, they are repros of the original Syncros seat clamp parts but it should be compatible. If not parts from a Thompson seat clamp will also fit or as you suggest, scavenge another Syncros post.

Re:

Thanks for that link. Unfortunately, shipping kills that for me. I have a line a NOS post that should have the part I need.

Re: Re:

Kcheves":3lkvavdz said:
Thanks for that link. Unfortunately, shipping kills that for me. I have a line a NOS post that should have the part I need.

very late to the show but if you haven't found the part you are looking I can probably help. I have an older 27.0 Al post that I won't be using and will go in the parts drawer as soon as I finish my retro build. I'd be more than happy to send the part you need for your seatpost for the cost of postage. However, I live in the US so shipping could take for ever depending on where you are located.

Anyway I suspect you have resolved your but if not let me know.

Re:

Wow, that’s really generous of you, thanks so much. I’m also in the US, will send you a note by PM.

Re:

Rico,

It appears I don’t have enough posts to PM. Can you send your contact info to <Kit dot Cheves at gmail dot com> ?

Thanks!

Following up to say that Rick generously sent me the part I needed, and the seatpost has been brought back in service on my old Apinestars elevated chain stay bike.

Back