Fat City Cycles Yo Eddy fork Vs. BOI (Big One Inch):my forks

Here are a couple pics to illustrate the head tube diff I was talking about as they went sus-corrected in 1993.

Pic one is a yellow '92 and black '91, the second pic is the '93 from above.

Attachments

• IMG_5733.jpg
    IMG_5733.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 5,533
  • DSC_0250.jpg
    DSC_0250.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 5,532
Did Fat chance built suspension corrected fork in 1990-1991 (I think no : only 394mm between axle to crown and, of course, a short 38mm rake)
I've got a suspension corrected fat fork on my Yo Eddy. It's a 1990 or 1991 (press BB) and I think the fork was added later (perhaps a Groovy made fork…)

24pouces":iwb0w1tm said:
Did Fat chance built suspension corrected fork in 1990-1991

I would think, no, as well. I've not seen one. But, with a smallish hand made bike builder, like Fat, there were customer requested builds, so I would stop short of saying, absolutely not.

Re:

yo-Nate-y":1s71z5i8 said:
All the dimensions from the sunset fork you've already got, but I can add my '93 to the mix. My sister is mailing out my '91 fork wreckage soon, so I can measure along the twisted metal in a week or so and add it too.

This fork is original to the frame, both '93, both suspension corrected. It is a medium. My '91 and '92 had the same general dimensions, but on the '93 the length of the fork is made up having a shorter head tube. The result is that the '93's down tube and top tube nearly touch as they converge at the head tube, while there is an inch or so between them on headtubes of the '91 and '92.

Axle-crown is approx 16 inches, from the axle to the tops of the legs is 15.25 inches. Here are some pics to give an idea of clearance, etc. Diameter of the legs is 1.125.

A late insert to this thread, but interesting as i research my yo forks. I have exactly the same dimension pair, the legs are 15.25 inches from axle to top of the legs. They are also 1.125 inches in diameter and Chris Chance has confirmed they are definitely Fat city built forks. He inspected them and recognised the fit up to the dropouts at the bottom of the legs and the welds and said its a definite fat city built fork.

From other contacts and research, there is a chance it could be special order or another option is that I'm told in Oct 94 when the factory was shutting down, some staff hurriedly built frames with whatever was to hand and a few suspension corrected forks, in the 1.125 inch fork blade might have been made.

whatever the story, its interesting that there are a few suspension corrected 1.125 inch fork blade yo forks out there, yours is one and i ave one too.
T

Re: Re:

ThePlant":2oq91szv said:
Hello, I would love to know the weight and how it compares to orange f7 fork.

A 1inch steerer factory BOI for the same sized frame weighs around 200g less than a F7 and also is much nicer to ride.

Back