What´s not to like?

jongustafson

Retro Guru
First I´ve got a minty RBW / Clark Kent Pineapple hub in pink.

I´ve always adored these hubs and if I ever get my hands on the rear version, I´ll grab it, I could of course sell this now, but nahhhhh...It could be nice lace it with Union Ti-Dyes on a minty SUP Ceramic - perhaps one day!

Then I got a C4 Luna Carbon Monoscocca - The first "mass" produced Off-road monocoque frame with a matching monocoque fork. I saw a similar frame in 1989 in the Bianchi shop in Florence, it was black and beautiful and ever since I´ve dreamt about it. In 2008 I bought this particular frame, only partly assembled from Germany.

It has been assembled with a Campagnolo Record O.R. singlespeed drivetrain, but is currently being rebuilt with full Campagnolo Record O.R. The white fork is a monocoque construction, meaning blades and crown are molded as one.

And lastly my 26" Sun Buzz rim. Sadly it has a dent yet still rideable.

Attachments

• IMG_2895.JPG
    IMG_2895.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 3,562
  • IMG_2894.JPG
    IMG_2894.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 3,562
  • IMG_2900.JPG
    IMG_2900.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 3,562
  • IMG_2896.JPG
    IMG_2896.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 3,561
Good luck finding the rear! I bought a few fronts from the son of the original designer about ten years ago, he was willing to sell me some shells and the diagrams for the parts to have machined to make a rear, they never got past the prototype phase. I declined due to A) the amount of money he wanted and B) laziness.

LOVE the graphics on the C4.

Re:

So you´re the guy with the Pineapples?

Read your story and found it intriguing that you had the original diagrams for them. Would you share the diagrams, if you still have them? I aint lazy, only a lousy economist.

yeah the graphics on the C4 is so 1990. It´s going to be decked out with Campy O.R. all the way.

Cool stuff !

I have been looking for a Sun Buzz for a long time to match my front wheel (laced to a White industries tracker hub)

Cheers
Jeroen

Re: Re:

jongustafson":2gnbzmgi said:
So you´re the guy with the Pineapples?

Read your story and found it intriguing that you had the original diagrams for them. Would you share the diagrams, if you still have them? I aint lazy, only a lousy economist.

I had some hubs, I didn't have the diagrams, sorry.

Re:

A few hubs made it to the public, I used to own this blue set, now owned by a fellow forum member. The orange cad drawings represent about 2 years off and on. About 70% of the way to a manufracturable product. ;)

Attachments

• PAR1 ass 2.jpg
    PAR1 ass 2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 2,989
  • DSC_73591_zpsaccd5660.jpg
    DSC_73591_zpsaccd5660.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 2,989
Back