The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Well I'm not allowed any more bikes after buying Gertrude. That was the deal so. Free ads are a great place to pick up stuff. After sitting trackside for a few years I have decided that my back isn't what it was and that I need a 'Campaign Chair'. Something befitting my stature and with a historical bent.

With that in mind I spotted this. Being offered locally for free by an antique dealer up near Stow. I combined pick up with a dog walk at the top of Stanway Hill and brought home my treasure.

Prepare to be underwhelmed. I think it's an old 1930s reclining/sliding steamer chair that would have had a matching foot stool. I plan to cut, hinge and bolt the arms, reupholster or maybe use a garden seat pad for the cushions and attach a suitable drinks table on the right....... Lots of love and care required. Will go well with a crystal tumbler of scotch and my tweed!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_424.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_424.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 6,294
Re: THM's Mountain Mayhem Campaign Project.............

Fortunately or unfortunately depending on where you're at, not. Solid. In a few years it could be adapted........

Won’t that look odd sat outside a teepee

Mind you, your no stranger to the world of odd/eclectic darn right eccentric

Roll on next June, where we’ll see the following

A dude dressed as a clown sitting on a commode outside a Teepee

This has a solid base for those with a solid base. And clowns are so 2015 darling.

Tweeeeeeeeeeeeeed darling.

i might have to find something similar, rocking chair perhaps. and some tweed old boy

longun":3lnf8pg3 said:
i might have to find something similar, rocking chair perhaps. and some tweed old boy

Christ

We’ll all be turning up with Cleeland pathfinders or what ever that bike was Geoff Apes was pictured next to decked out in tweed and a pipe !

Retro Spud":2cyv60q0 said:
longun":2cyv60q0 said:

Christ

We’ll all be turning up with Cleeland pathfinders or what ever that bike was Geoff Apes was pictured next to decked out in tweed and a pipe !

now your getting into the spirit!!!!

Back