Polo MK2 - rekindling my youth !!

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
Another project as if I needed another :facepalm: :D

My first car was one of these back in the late 80's, I was offered this for a few hundred pounds and whilst it looks on its last legs in the picture its remarkably solid underneath considering its over 33 years old. Let the rollercoaster ride begin :p

f20dxk.jpg

Re:

Sounds like a good investment at that money if nothing else!

I had a black B-reg coupe with that interior (I think - Houndstooth jobby?)

Be good to see your progress anyway,

Joe

Re: Re:

Joe_Rides":ey9az34j said:
Sounds like a good investment at that money if nothing else!

I had a black B-reg coupe with that interior (I think - Houndstooth jobby?)

Be good to see your progress anyway,

Joe

I have done a lot of work since then, the interior was past its best :cry: I managed so get a complete interior from an A reg Coupe in the Black and White dennis the menace style including centre console, 5 steelies and caps all for £50 :cool:

I will post a few more pics, and one of my credit card bill :)

Wasn't the Polo with a boot called a Derby? Mate had one when I worked in Bristol 1984 ish. Remarkably sprightly :)

Midlife":33x7vhfj said:
Wasn't the Polo with a boot called a Derby? Mate had one when I worked in Bristol 1984 ish. Remarkably sprightly :)

The MK1's were called the Derby and I think the MK2 abroad were but don't quote me on that. The MK2 Polo Saloons in the UK were called Polo Classic, this one packs a whopping 55bhp and brakes from the 1970's :shock:

Re:

As of a few months ago, just waiting to fit a rust free door. Never mind 50 shades of grey, this has 50 shades of White :LOL:

It wont win any Concours :oops:

2eem1hz.jpg

The History Man":1g2ac2bc said:
But does it make you smile!

Yes, very much and the best money I have spent in a long while :p

Put one some Black Box Ride on time and I am back in the 80s :D

Back