Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:15 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:00 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Its finally in, soo pleased with it. its been bugging me for years lol.

Sadly the lower alcantara doesn't quite match as it was from a different company so looks like ill be trimming that bit again lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:51 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Had new tyres fitted the other day my dad also added some shorter valves whilst he was fitting them.

I got the new conti premium contact 6 to try this time these are the replacement for the contisportcontact 5 and premium contact 5 as booth those are being phased out now. So far really liking them done about 100 miles on them so far.

Had new tyres fitted the other day my dad also added some shorter valves whilst he was fitting them.

I got the new conti premium contact 6 to try this time these are the replacement for the contisportcontact 5 and premium contact 5 as booth t

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:58 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Another few things sorted ive had a few slowish crankings after a day of demoing etc, i didnt want to add extra weight with batterys so luckly my garage mate pointed me to one of these.

Its uses capacitive tec to take whats left of power from battery, boosts it after a few minutes, then away you go i had to use it today funily enough after a tuning fiddle with my newer genny tweeters.

Also fitted my slightly whiter lights still not quite white enough, been through 3 sets now lol. They're wired up to the distribution in the boot now with a switch much better.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:05 pm 
Retro Guru

I admire the quality of your installs and the amps look quite nice but the head unit? Honestly, the pictures at the top of this page makes it look like a face with really big ears and the two buttons at the bottom look like one of those selfie trout pouts.

Car looks great though

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:19 pm 
Dirt Disciple

lol ur cheers

upgrade headunit it a must function over form in this case. i like it

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:33 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Right here's the tweeters they are still Genesis audiophile tweeters but the later ehmann brand ones as they had a few different sets over the years. They're not the tidiest, but I should be able to tidy them up somehow and put some grills on them to match my midbass grills.

They're slightly bigger than my other one's but with the outer casings off and a few winds of fabric tape around them I managed to get them to slip into my currant flush mounts nicely. Sounding pretty good so far might be keepers.