Allotment Green Houses

bagpuss

rBotM Winner
Allotment green house .

A good friend got us an 8 x 6 for or plot last year . Aluminium and glass construction . Delivered and up and running the same day .

My question is does white washing the roof help with temperature control . I have seen some folk do this or is it best just to leave the door open .

So far the seeds we potted seem to be doing well . Sweet corn coming along .

Any tips welcome .

I try to get down 2/3 times a week .

Re:

It does help yes, you can also use old net curtain too, damping down the floor with water can also lower the temp and add humidity as well ;)

Hope this helps.

Re:

HI I've build my own Greenhouse and have had it tens years plus my answer to temp control was to use a mech screen which you buy by metre (B&Q), I've placed this inside the roof you can roll it up but I leave it in place all year round, it helps by given a little shade but doen't reduce the temp by much, I also put in a automatic window opener (B&Q) a must have if like me you don't live near by or a not there everyday, These are brillant and about £10 bolt to the window and frame as the temp rises it pushes the window open and pulls it close when the temp drops, I also put a wire mesh framed with hinges on the insde of the door I use this as the door and keep the main door open all summer, the mesh door is just to stop foxes and cats entering otherwise you can leave your door open. hope some of this helps.

Back