Harley's

eldritch66

Dirt Disciple
Anybody here into Harley's?

The deep sound of a Harley, probably the best sound on two wheels - except for a Sunday ride calling for pub lunch !

Re:

I've got near enough 3 x twin cam engines (screaming eagle) 1550, 1700 & 1900 (with a stroker kit) takes it out to 2.??? or summit like that, I'd need to confirm those sizes and there all NOS.

Re: Re:

RobMac":jhbfvrf1 said:
I know its not 'quite' the same but I've got 2 Buell's, S1 White Lightning and a modified M4.

Like the S1 - the lightning strike colours are amazing.
I used to service and tune them.

Was at a summer regatta in Penticton, BC, in the late seventies. In a campground, where about a thousand drunk and stoned youths were partying away, someone fired up a straight-piped Sporty, and in the dark of night whacked that throttle wide open for about three minutes ... red-lining that poor little motor.

:facepalm:

The crowd went ballistic, and before the night was over ... the event turned into an all-night riot, with the main highway through BC being shut down because all those revellers took all the picnic tables and movable structures from all the campsites, piled them into a forty foot high pile in the middle of the highway (a two lane affair, running through the campground which was thus split into two halves) ... and lighting them afire.

It was madness. Made all the news channels and papers across the land.

Kids and Harleys, eh ...

Latest posts

Back