Tamiya RC Cars

Giom6

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Sorry if there is already a thread on this but is anybody else a fan of the Tamiya RC Cars.

Recently rebuilt my Boomerang from the late 80's and just purchased a Re release of the Avanti and Wild One.

Will get some pictures up soon.

Since a nipper I have always wanted to build one from scratch with the Rothmans Porsche 959 being my dream .... Maybe one day it will happen.

daj":18qx37xv said:
Since a nipper I have always wanted to build one from scratch with the Rothmans Porsche 959 being my dream .... Maybe one day it will happen.
Yeah nice. The Martini 935 was pretty cool too

currently I'm trying restore my orginal 80s Wild Willys and Rough Rider.

Sons got a modern 4x4 Tamiya Neo Srotcher with TT-02B chassis. Its great fun to drive.

Re:

Nice. Wild Willys are cool.

Here is a pic of my newly restored Boomerang

Attachments

• Boomerang.jpg
    Boomerang.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 11,798
Re:

Collecting the classics was my hobby before retro bikes. Sold them all in the end to finance old bikes though. :roll:

Would love another Egress. :cool:

Here's a few of my old ones.

Attachments

• tamiya egress 020.jpg
    tamiya egress 020.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 11,793
  • 2009 Thai + Leed po 291.jpg
    2009 Thai + Leed po 291.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 11,792
  • tamiya egress 001.jpg
    tamiya egress 001.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 11,793
Re:

Loving the Avante. I've just bought myself the re release but I think it'll stay in the box for a little while :cool:

Also just got myself a King Blackfoot :D

Attachments

• web-review-tamiya-avante-1.jpg
    web-review-tamiya-avante-1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 11,785
  • Tamiya-King-Blackfoot.jpg
    Tamiya-King-Blackfoot.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 11,785
Hehehe I used to race a Boomerang on a Sunday at Bury. Good few years spent with holes down the front of my jeans because of car battery acid. Upgraded to a Mid after that.

Happy days. Still have a look on ebay every now and again (wish we had t'internet back then for that stuff) But don't have enough time in the day as it is. Might pick up a Cat and restore it.

Have you seen the speed of the bloody things these days with the brushless motors?

I had a f150 with torsion bar suspension and very heavily modified boomerang :D

Got a Mardave mini and Marurdar (however it's spelt) now :D

WD :D

Back