Old Nikon cameras

Buzzsaw

Retro Guru
Here are a couple of vintage Nikon cameras I bought this year. A Nikon S2 rangefinder from 1954 and a 1960's Nikon F SLR complete with motordrive. Originally learnt how to take decent photos on a Nikon F camera before working in the photography industry for ages They weight a ton, simple to use and built like a brick poo house. Bikes and photography (and girls of course but they get too expensive!!!).

Attachments

• Nikon F 180mm.jpg
    Nikon F 180mm.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 12,557
  • nikon f.jpg
    nikon f.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 12,557
  • nikon s2.jpg
    nikon s2.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 12,557
Buzzsaw":1zpe2rrt said:
They weight a ton, simple to use and built like a brick poo house.

Sounds like my first SLR camera (Zenit EM, 1980 Moscow Olympic Games special edition) - it was a hand-me-down from Dad, gathering dust on a shelf somewhere but no doubt it still works just fine!

David

Lovely cameras. I had a Leica SLR for a while. That was also built like a brick out house- really bright viewfinder though and easy to use.

The F was a bit before my era, by the time I hit the scene every one had F2 and F3s. I on the other had have shot with Canon for over 30 years.

I started with a Nikon FM and F2as. So above camera's are a few years before but for me the F is the godfather of all SLR's. And the Nikon rangefinder is...........amazing !

Not Nikons, but still old, good and solid. I've a Nikon EM lying around somewhere. Always liked the F.

I've given up on digital and gone back to 35mm and 120mm film, mostly black and white.

Ironically the following pictures are taken on a cheap digital camera with rubbish close up focus. :roll:

The 35mm cameras, Fed 2 and Zorki 4 are Russian rangefinder copies of Leicas and weigh a ton.

Fed 2 from 1961

010.jpg
[/url][/url]

Zorki 4 from 1972.

011.jpg

Zeis Ikon Nettar from 1959 is a compact folding 120mm medium format camera which fits in the pocket and gives great results.

012-1.jpg

Funny I also have the exact same Russian Fed camera as yours Ritz but now sits on my brothers book shelf as a prop after the focusing went a bit wacky.

This thread. <3
I dont know too many ridiculously old ones, but my favourite older one is The Bat.

Re:

I spoiled myself with a new (well secondhand Ebay) Fujifilm X20 digital camera for Christmas. Styled like a vintage rangefinder camera but packed with some interesting features and takes nice sharp pics. Took some snaps on my Christmas Day ride on my 80's Centurion sporting some shiny wheels kindly donated by local Retrobiker JonTom.

Attachments

• centurion.jpg
    centurion.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 11,576
  • centurion -.jpg
    centurion -.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 11,576
  • fujifilmx20.jpg
    fujifilmx20.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 11,576
  • fujifilm x20_.jpg
    fujifilm x20_.jpg