Lexus is200 project car/daily driver

Grannygrinder

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I bought this about 2 months ago. I have always wanted one since they came out in 1999 and these days they are so cheap i thought i'd dive in.
2001 plate with 84,000 from new. She needs a few bits and bobs, but first things first, i've got 18 x 7.5J alloys on the way :D
I plan to lower the rear 40mm, everybody does it to level the car out and put extra weight over the nose.
I'm currently trying to find a polybush kick for less than the price of a 2 bed semi but its proving hard :LOL: :LOL:

Attachments

• is 200 001.JPG
    is 200 001.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 2,645
Here's my Grandad's IS200 (up for sale soon too ;) )

27,802 miles 2005 '05 plate, and I doubt it's ever seen more than about 3000rpm.

IMAG0176_zps33f64069.jpg

BB - Buy that IS immediately!!! :D
Wheels inbound :cool: I pity the poor chump on ebay who i bought them off.
Demon Riviera's 7.5 x 18 with pretty much new tyres, cheapest i can find them online is £980, for wait for it..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
£160 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

On the flip side i have had to replace the rotten backbox and centre exhaust, but they were cheap.
All belts have been done apart from the cambelt which was done at 60,000(currently 86,00 on the clock).
Plugs are scary money if you go for proper Denso items at £80+ for 6 :shock: NGK were far more realistic at £35 :D
I need to find somewhere reasonable for suspension bushes and other bits and bobs as Lexus/Toyota geuine prices are in cloud cuckoo land :LOL:

Attachments

• black alloys.jpg
    black alloys.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 2,581
I have a is300 sportcross it has the comfort and a nice turn of speed if needed plus there cheap to buy. if you put a bmw badge on it it would be twice the price

lowering the rear will take weight off the nose!!! thats why most cars are nose down, makes them under steer ect rather than over i think, mates got a proper toyota one an gos mad if you say its a is200 lol

Bought one of these brand new in 04, you have fantastic fuel economy to look forward to :facepalm: i struggled to get above 22mpg with mine, also changing from 1st to 2nd was always jerky, but VERY well made cars and with the mods that you have planned it will be a nice smoker! :cool:

A ten year old luxury car that's been round the world almost four times, with drug dealery aftermarket wheels, and rear suspension set up by someone who thinks he knows more than the blokes who made it in the first place.

That's dead classy that is. :D

Back