Leica Cameras

lewisfoto

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
My small collection of Leicas including a M3, double stroke with Summicron 5cm f/2 dual range; IIIC with Sumitar 5cm f/2; IIf with Xenon 5cm f1.5; 1a with Elmar 50mm f/3.5 and lastly a '50s era lighter that looks like a Leica.

Attachments

• 8297178871_5fce414b52_b.jpg
    8297178871_5fce414b52_b.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,641
Love the M3, nice it's not been converted to single stroke. Is it the glass pressure plate version?

Thanks for the nice words. The M3 has a steel plate but it is a fairly early version, if i recall some time around 1957. I used to have more Leica stuff including some rare items but they were sold for...um...money for old Bikes!

I don't know much about cameras but those look very good. I use Leica optical equipment every day and those optics are amazing.

Thanks for that, Most camera type people don't know that Leica's biggest business comes from the microsystems division

i believe in fixies":3ag0af4i said:
Love the M3, nice it's not been converted to single stroke. Is it the glass pressure plate version?

Back when I was actually using this camera on assignment I found the double stroke to actually be much faster than single stroke models. Once I had a collector tell me what a huge mistake I was making using the M3 on assignment - kind of reminds me of the ride it or collect it debate that goes on around here...

lewisfoto":6yep9vx7 said:
i believe in fixies":6yep9vx7 said:

Back when I was actually using this camera on assignment I found the double stroke to actually be much faster than single stroke models. Once I had a collector tell me what a huge mistake I was making using the M3 on assignment - kind of reminds me of the ride it or collect it debate that goes on around here...

To be hones I believe in using them, it's what they were designed for. I had a black paint M3 which I sold about 15 years ago, rougher than a badger's arse, more brass than paint with a matching Summicron, didn't stop it going for crazy money.

I still my Nikon S3 rangefinder, there's something very satisfying about it.

The black M3s are really rare, same with the S3!

I had a Hugo Meyer telephoto from the 30s, 9cm f1.4, that I sold to a Japanese collector, he sent his "agent" to collect it in person. Most of my collectable cameras were inherited from my wife's grandfather except the M3 which, as I noted above, was part of my professional kit back in the days of film.

Latest posts

Back