BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
My collection around 7 years ago, probably about 5 or 6 times the size now :facepalm:

newbeasties5pq.jpg

A few of the choice items: http://imageshack.us/g/1/10178107/

I remember being surprised by a huge police presence in Manchester once. The reason: a Beastie Boy's concert! I suppose to the Manchester police a rap fan is a rap fan...

Very nice! Whilst I can live (just..) with you having 3 copies of Root Down ; 2 copies of the Country Mike album is just greedy :D Do you collect vinyl in general ; or just the Beasties?

kampos":uiy1u15r said:
Very nice! Whilst I can live (just..) with you having 3 copies of Root Down ; 2 copies of the Country Mike album is just greedy :D Do you collect vinyl in general ; or just the Beasties?

I have 5 or 6 copies of Root Down now! One Country Mike is red vinyl and the other black vinyl although at one point I think I had about 4 copies on red vinyl (when you buy them sealed there is no way of telling what colour the vinyl inside is!

I have around 3 crates of non Beasties vinyl, mostly 80's and 90's UK and US hip-hop.

Bought this shirt back in the nineties. I also have a black "Check your head" shirt somewhere. By the way it is really difficult to take a pic the right way around of a shirt you are actually wearing. :D

dsc01481z.jpg

Here is a pic of the screen at MSG in New York. The last time MCAs present was felt where he belonged. The Knicks took a timeout to pay respect which was great.

msgaa.jpg

Found the "Check your head" shirt!

dsc01480p.jpg

^

Pics aren't working pal :(

Nice :D I don't have that T.

Loved seeing that pic from MSG again.

Ch-ch-ch-check out one of the outtake photo's from the Glen E Friedman shoot for the Check Your Head cover. Yauch smiling :D

mcasmi1.jpg

To anyone interested ; I have the Beastie's appearance on "The Scott & Gary Show" ; pretty damn early as they were still a 4-piece. Happy to send copies out for postage/karma/biscuits etc.

Bloody 'el, fancy that!

One of my biggest musical regrets - I had tickets to see them supporting Run DMC and LL Cool J on the "Raising Hell" tour in 1986. God I'm old! :oops:

Anyway, didn't go, but can't remember why, probably my Dad thought it was inappropriate due to the terrible press they had in those days. Regret it even more now that MCA has left us.

Nice collection! :D

Back