Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:48 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 40  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:10 pm 
Retro Guru

Location: I know where the stash is – the secret's safe with me. The flying squad will never find us...
apache wrote:
Ah, OK, so nasty all round then!

It just needs handling care in certain scenarios. I'm probably overstating the risks. I just went out into the street to pick a couple of leaves to confirm the id and I'm still here! It's generally OK and uninspiring otherwise – remember, this shrub is used everywhere by councils and corporates in streets, parks, retail parks, middle of dual carriage ways – that sort of thing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:06 pm 
Retro Guru

Fairly well established in the corner of our garden, and I'm kind of attached to its dark green-ness. It's a nice backdrop to the hornbeam

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:28 pm 
Retro Guru

Location: I know where the stash is – the secret's safe with me. The flying squad will never find us...
Nice backdrop – looks like a nice green oasis Apache. And a quiet corner for wildlife. I think I could easily lose a few hours on a bench like that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:48 pm 
Retro Guru

We've some tame hedgehogs - the cat learned her lesson and leaves them alone now. Various nesting birds, field mice (the cat has more success there), frogs etc. It's the garden that keeps giving.

I wasn't interested until I moved here, and now I look for excuses to go out there and prune or weed something. Yep, the bench gets a lot of use :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:21 am 
Retro Guru

Fantastic! Especially nice with a brew or cold glass of something. A garden that's alive. It's the trees that make the difference. Where we lived before, it was just off the A10 on the Enfield/Tottenham borders – barren and paved over. Then we had to move, but found a place by chance that nestled amongst native trees – sometimes when listening to the birdlife, it's hard to leave for work in the morning. Our cat is a good mouser and occasionally brings us one in to show off, usually in the dead of night, which is fun. She's scared of our hens though – she saw one of them catch a mouse in the run. Mmm yum.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:07 am 
Retro Guru

Picked the first creamy yellow nobbly 'Courgette Rugosa Friulana' (from Seeds of Italy), this evening.

Attachments:
courgette_rugosa_friulana_1.jpg
courgette_rugosa_friulana_1.jpg [ 220.25 KiB | Viewed 271 times ]
courgette_rugosa_friulana_2.jpg
courgette_rugosa_friulana_2.jpg [ 184.5 KiB | Viewed 271 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:33 am 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

mutant cucumbers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:11 pm 
South East AEC
South East AEC

ewanm77 wrote:

mutant cucumbers

No that's a watering can

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:14 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

thought it tasted funny

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:57 pm 
Retro Guru

Just got back from 10 very sunny and hilly days in Dorset and BURGLARY!!!!!!

It appears that the son of another allotment holder has been doing over peoples' sheds! Needless to say bunnies are not happy. Apparently several members (including one VERY large fellow) took turns in staying on site for 24 hours, armed with big sticks and baseball bats :shock: I kid you not! The vagabond was spotted in the very early hours of the morning but someone called the rozzers who turned up all lights and sirens, so the guy got wind and legged it. It's like Ashes to Ashes with veggies :lol:

My suggestion of covering the well with a carpet of thin sticks and soil was roundly poo-pooed. Pity!

I'm guessing everyone is 'harvesting' stuff now?

ewanm77 wrote:

Good lord you must have big feet looking judging from the size of your footprints!

groovyblueshed wrote:
Picked the first creamy yellow nobbly 'Courgette Rugosa Friulana' (from Seeds of Italy), this evening.

I can feel a Blackadder 'horses willy' quote coming on....

Attachments:
IMG_0078.JPG
IMG_0078.JPG [ 138.02 KiB | Viewed 244 times ]
IMG_0071.JPG
IMG_0071.JPG [ 109.51 KiB | Viewed 244 times ]
IMG_0069.JPG
IMG_0069.JPG [ 140.31 KiB | Viewed 244 times ]
IMG_0066.JPG
IMG_0066.JPG [ 148.27 KiB | Viewed 244 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 40  Next