My Citroen DS

grahame

Senior Retro Guru
My favourite car.

A 1973 Citroen DS20 Pallas. Semi-automatic, with original full leather interior. Self-leveling, height-adjustable suspension, self-leveling headlights, long-distance lights (full beam to you and me) that turn with the steering, hydraulic actuated clutch and gearbox, power brakes, brake balance adjusts to the weight distribution in the car, inboard front disc brakes (first volume production car with disc brakes) to minimise unsprung weight. It was also popular. On launch day at the 1955 Paris Motor Show they took 10,000 orders. In one day! Apparently, they took 750 orders in the first hour after the car was unveiled.

More innovative than anything else that will get posted here. More comfortable that any other car I've ever traveled in and just plain fun to own and drive. But not a car to be shy in - everybody seems to have an uncle who had one.

big_110_1.jpg

big_110_3.jpg

big_110_5.jpg

big_110_4.jpg

big_110_7.jpg

big_110_8.jpg

swannymere":11h1rhbj said:
My uncle had an estate, was it called a Safari?
Yup. Available with several different seating arrangements, including 7- and 8-seat versions. The original people carrier?

Now (well, from next year) zero-rated for VED as well!
Mr Osbourne in his budget speech":2qop8wpf said:
2.148 VED: classic vehicle exemption
– The Government will extend the cut off date from which classic vehicles are exempt from VED by one year. From 1 April 2014 a vehicle manufactured before 1 January 1974 will be exempt from paying VED. (Finance Bill 2014)

grahame":12ta4nxv said:
Now (well, from next year) zero-rated for VED as well!
Mr Osbourne in his budget speech":12ta4nxv said:
2.148 VED: classic vehicle exemption
– The Government will extend the cut off date from which classic vehicles are exempt from VED by one year. From 1 April 2014 a vehicle manufactured before 1 January 1974 will be exempt from paying VED. (Finance Bill 2014)

Meh it used to be a rolling 25 year deal... Nu labor soon got rid of that.

Back