Campervan Project

Featch

Devout Dirtbag
I bought this 1985 Mercedes 508 last year as a project. She'd been stood for 6 years but is remarkably solid despite appearances with very low miles and quite lavishly equipped inside. After 6 new tyres, a bit of welding on the drivers door and a general tart up I'm just waiting on some new headlights before I take her for an MoT.
I've never ever named any of my cars but the previous owners insisted we kept the name Betsy and SWIMBO backed them up!
She's a real retro driving experience with a 4 litre diesel, no power steering and drum brakes.
Once the Mot is passed it'll be a complete respray (not decided on colour) and new carpets and curtains.
I'm not sure about the bike rack - it's held on with pop rivets!

Green and dirty Betsy by Andythefeatch, on Flickr

She scrubbed up quite well.

Dirty Betsy by Andythefeatch, on Flickr

We're planning to visit friends in Italy as our first big trip combined with a few Alpine Cols on the bikes.

Andy

looks awesome,just enjoy yourself and dont think about how much its gonna cost you to keep the old girl running. :D :D

that is so cool!!!
what colours are you going?
maybe i can help with the paint, i run a classic restoration and paint co.
any pics of the inside? oh...i do love a camper!!

Those motors go on for 500k easy, on just about any fuel mix, and are actually economic for the size of vehicle.

I would paint her a subtle colour, always helps to keep a low profile when laying up away from official areas.

My eyes are on two locally for conversion, but they are still in use for Snap On and a mobile welder.

Look forward to seeing it ready to roll.

why not keep the original paint job/colour scheme?
and what is that small door on the near side rear panel?
please post up pics of the interior :) i love how these things are layed out.
my favourite holibobs from my youth are ones spent in campervans/caravans :p

Back