Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
my xr2, started as this 5 or so years ago

mymk1xr2035.jpg

currently looks like this

IMAG1380.jpg

will add lots later, and some previous projects also :D

I had a mark1 Fiesta, a few years ago now not as cool as that though, I loved it but we got too many children and we needed something bigger, we could not afford two cars, she had to go :(

Alison

cheers, its come along way in these years

new loom x2, engine x2, box x2, new interior....well whats in there anyways lol, new metal, but not much :) , paint here n there, wheels, dash...........lots. ill let the next few days and pics do the talking.

I had a 957cc Mk.1 in a kind of milky orange colour for my first car, loved it, even drove it from Hampshire to Barcelona over the Pyrenees with a roof box on it. The battery went flat and i ended up being pushed up a dual carriage-way near the Olympic villag by a Belgian bloke in his Passat in an attempt to bump start it, eventually we got hold of some jump leads. Great car, written off by my sisters then boyfriend one week after he bought it.

my mum had a 'burnt orange' colour Mk1 Fiesta and i have a very vivid memory of the rear 'leather' seats burning my skin in the summer and the furry seat covers up front.
also remember the choke stick and the shiny plastic indicator stalks.
the cassette radio did it for me though - plastic chrome and black plastic knobs.
i truly wish i could go back in time and get it back!

GT-Steve":3s6e6izm said:
Mk1 fester = :cool:

I always fancied the supersport, in my youff.. :)

I owned two Supersports back in the day.
A W reg black with red stripe, after a few months of ownership i then saw a pretty much mint X plate the same colour so sold the W reg and got the X reg. Took me about a year to save up for the W reg, but those were the sensible days before any man and his dog could get as much credit as wished for.
I used to love that car, i then sold to a mate who wrote it off :facepalm:

My other mate had a red XR2 and as quick as it was i still preferred the Supersport :cool:

Nice XR2 though, good to see it is starting to resemble the factory look :D

I like the standard decals on the side and the proper wheels.
My mate had one in silver and he used to always be revving it off the clock.
Stood up to it. :)

its currently dead again, nowt major but i thought id try the electronic ignition kits again now its running and tested etc......and it wouldnt work with any of them. refitted the old points dizzy etc and its not firing again, d'oh!!!

just ordered an earlier ford/bosch breakerless electronic dizzy if ebay.........and found on in my parts draw lol, never mind.

washed and polished pics soon and hopefully booking blyton and cadwell for some track action in may :)

Back