Tamiya RC Cars

Yeah the hornet was cool, felt fast in the day. Had lots of fun with a friends

I recently bought a Traxxas Jato RC car... omfg... 60mph, 2 speed gearbox, clutch, disc brake and electric starter, I kid you not! :)

Tricky1977":13pe9md9 said:
Yeah the hornet was cool, felt fast in the day. Had lots of fun with a friends

I recently bought a Traxxas Jato RC car... omfg... 60mph, 2 speed gearbox, clutch, disc brake and electric starter, I kid you not! :)

Sounds like cycling off road now. Disc brakes, 12 speed, 6'' suspension f + r, electric & bigger wheels

:) since i last posted I've picked up a couple of x-ray xb9e (8th scale buggies) running 4s and moderately hot motors. They shift,........

Also started racing electric 10th touring cars. Pretty much the fastest thing on the track. Amy track with a decent straight you can top 100kph.......

Re:

Wow this takes me back a bit. i also started with a Hornet, after a few weeks at the local club, i was hooked and skint from that point on. Ended up racing all over the country and driving for Traxxas uk. Still got all my stuff in the loft, might have to get it down and have a play

Re:

well i wasup in the loft getting the Christmas decs down and saw my cars so thought id take some pics, they are all in different states of repair but all the stuff is there to get them back together, might have to have a play

Attachments

• 47572978_10216952047134046_6233356968069693440_n.jpg
    47572978_10216952047134046_6233356968069693440_n.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 2,068
  • 47320486_10216952046814038_1894828004924719104_n.jpg
    47320486_10216952046814038_1894828004924719104_n.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 2,068
  • 47421754_10216952046494030_7155867311335800832_n.jpg
    47421754_10216952046494030_7155867311335800832_n.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 2,068
Re:

Awesome thread! This was also my hobby as a before mountain bikes. First one was a boomerang then filled my dads garage with neighbours kids cast offs and spent most Saturdays at Otley Modelsport getting parts.
Sad thing is I’ve got an 11 year old son that has no interest in r/c, Scalextric, train sets and the only reason I have got back into bikes is because my 10 year old daughter is a bit of a hell raiser and mountain biking is going to be our new hobby.

Re: Re:

Falkster":2iibtrj4 said:
Awesome thread! This was also my hobby as a before mountain bikes. First one was a boomerang then filled my dads garage with neighbours kids cast offs and spent most Saturdays at Otley Modelsport getting parts.
Sad thing is I’ve got an 11 year old son that has no interest in r/c, Scalextric, train sets and the only reason I have got back into bikes is because my 10 year old daughter is a bit of a hell raiser and mountain biking is going to be our new hobby.

It's a different generation. I took both my boys racing and they were ok for a bit but then just got bored and wanted to muck around with their phones. Neither show any aptitude for engineering and discovering how stuff works by strip down and rebuild, they just expect things to work and get annoyed if they don't. This is true on both bikes and the RC cars so it means I have to do all the spannering. It's sad.
At least I have my collection of Tamiya re-re's which now includes: Wildone, Lunchbox, Egress, Bigwig and TopForce.

Carl.

Re: Re:

drcarlos":1j34wczo said:
Falkster":1j34wczo said:

It's a different generation. I took both my boys racing and they were ok for a bit but then just got bored and wanted to muck around with their phones. Neither show any aptitude for engineering and discovering how stuff works by strip down and rebuild, they just expect things to work and get annoyed if they don't. This is true on both bikes and the RC cars so it means I have to do all the spannering. It's sad.
At least I have my collection of Tamiya re-re's which now includes: Wildone, Lunchbox, Egress, Bigwig and TopForce.

Carl.

Had the bigwig first time round - always wanted an Egress. Do you have a display shelf? When I get round to it I’m going to create my mancave in the loft. Before the last divorce I had an awesome digital Scalextric, in my old loft. with a huge 4 lane straight with a pit lane coming off it that I made out of old track - it was about half a lap long.

Re:

Got a few display shelves up in my office and got the bigwig and wildone up in those. I too had a bigwig first time around, loved it then but I didn't have the Technigold or 8.4v battery which you needed to make it perform, even the nodded demon motor and a high mah 7.2v couldn't make it go well enough. This time around though it's running a 13t brushless and 2s Lipo so it's got some kick. The egress was mental on 2s and 9t so that runs the same. The topforce has yet to be driven but I must get it out on the field this summer, it should be good with a 8.5t and 2s Lipo. I may add a couple more but the choices are tough. Novafox is up there as my brother had one and it was a great drive, then there's also the buggy champ srb as it was my first rc, also the midnight pumpkin as I had that on original release weekend in 87, then the supershot as I always wanted one, the new rere of the super astute as it's the 2wd equivalent of the top force. So many choices and a lack of space, time and funds!

Carl.

LOL, i'm running a 5.5t in my 4wd. Given enough grip and boost i can get it to wheelie when i'm already doing 50+ kph.........

Not going into detail on the TCs and the 8th scale ;)

Latest posts

Back