Anyone into classic cars

Falkster

Devout Dirtbag
As I’m from Yorkshire I’m always careful with money but have always tried to buy a car around Xmas (apart from when I was getting divorced) because you can grab some real bargains that could be a little earner or at worst not cost you anything to enjoy for a few months/year and a car ticked off the list.
On 19th December I was lucky enough to stumble upon this no reserve auction and won it for a very very good price (less than a 10 year old focus). It’s only got 33,000 miles on the clock backed up with great condition - I’ve just had the water pump and rear calipers done but also splashed out on a new carpet and overmats that thanks to ebay are very accessible and very very cheap.
Anyone else got a classic or classic project?

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy12 ... DFEA46.jpg

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy12 ... E07AA2.png

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy12 ... 7F05EE.png

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy12 ... A58C60.png

Up until June 2018 i had a MK2 Golf which id had since 2006. I hadn't done much to it since 2008. In May i learned the Garage where i kept the car was to be demolished, so i sold it or rather, practically gave it away. was a bit of a panic sale as i was lead to believe the garage was to be demolished within weeks... 8 months later the garages just now getting demolished.

Last edited:
enc":2kp85gt8 said:
Up until June 2018 i had a MK2 Golf which id had since 2006. I hadn't done much to it since 2008. In May i learned the Garage where i kept the car was to be demolished, so i sold it or rather, practically gave it away. was a bit of a panic sale as i was lead to believe the garage was to be demolished within weeks... 8 months later they're just now coming down :?

I’ve had a couple of mk2 golfs, J146 AWW - GTi - loved it.

Re:

The Rover P6 looks very nice.

I'll add mine.
1989 Saab 900 Carlsson
A 'one off' 2dr version (the C900 Carlsson was only available as a 3dr)
185 BHP full pressure 16v with 'Red Box'
Leather interior needs a little work and the Alloys need a refurb but almost there. Along with my Pace RC100, it's my other unicorn. Used throughout the year but keeping the salt off it at the moment - don't want to return to the amount of repair it needed.

Some pics...enjoy

boy"O"boy

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 6,531
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 6,532
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 6,530
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 6,532
Re: Re:

boy"O"boy":1ppa5x3m said:
The Rover P6 looks very nice.

I'll add mine.
1989 Saab 900 Carlsson
A 'one off' 2dr version (the C900 Carlsson was only available as a 3dr)
185 BHP full pressure 16v with 'Red Box'
Leather interior needs a little work and the Alloys need a refurb but almost there. Along with my Pace RC100, it's my other unicorn. Used throughout the year but keeping the salt off it at the moment - don't want to return to the amount of repair it needed.

Some pics...enjoy

boy"O"boy

One of my favourite cars ever! I always wondered why Saab did so many derivatives of the 900 2/3/4/5 door but my favourite was the 2 - my dad had a G plate 900 Turbo 16S in Cherry. I loved that!!
My mate has a 9000 Carlson that his dad has new.

Re:

Yes done the classic car thing. It was Morris 1000s for me as dad had them when I was wee and it was one of the cars I learned to drive in ( mums car - dad had a P6 2200TC but wasn't allowed in that !) Owned about 6 Moggies including 2 soft tops, one of which was a bit bendy even after a pro restoration and the other was solid as a rock. The best I had was a 4 door with a tuned 948 engine and loads of other mods whilst looking stock. Great fun to drive. I do miss 'em but have no need for a car or its related expense right now.

Re:

Ongoing project - but it is road legal. 1967 S11a LWB wagon. Ex MOD. :D

lrsnow by A_chralaig, on Flickr

That P6 is tasty BTW - a friend had one in the nineties and we used it to romp from London across to the Brecon Beacons and Snowdonia. A fine drive, think it was a 2200SC in bronzey green

Re:

Some lovely and really varied classic cars here. To add to the list, this is my late-Father’s Lotus (which we’ve kept) - I used it as my wedding car last year and give it a regular spin.

Attachments

• 9A95EC74-C1DF-47A8-BF4B-AE35F9BA634A.jpeg
    9A95EC74-C1DF-47A8-BF4B-AE35F9BA634A.jpeg
    196.3 KB · Views: 6,460
Re: Re:

Mr Panda":30y6gksy said:
Ongoing project - but it is road legal. 1967 S11a LWB wagon. Ex MOD. :D

lrsnow by A_chralaig, on Flickr

That P6 is tasty BTW - a friend had one in the nineties and we used it to romp from London across to the Brecon Beacons and Snowdonia. A fine drive, think it was a 2200SC in bronzey green

Always had a soft spot for old land rovers, I bet the job list is never ending.

Back