Re purposing Old Hi Fi project

Looks great!
Diamond 9’s?
I remember that Trio amp too, you see a few on eBay for not too much.

As for the spikes - not really on laminate but some blu tack or those little clear sticky plastic dots under the stands might help stop them rocking and provide a clean “join” (no vibration)

Tricky1977":16vt0hkt said:
Looks great!
Diamond 9’s?
I remember that Trio amp too, you see a few on eBay for not too much.

As for the spikes - not really on laminate but some blu tack or those little clear sticky plastic dots under the stands might help stop them rocking and provide a clean “join” (no vibration)

Cheers Tricky :D

Re:

Back from the dead :D the guys at Wilkinsons have stripped the mechanism, replaced the belts, cleaned, lubed and calibrated. no whirring noise and it sounds great or at least it does listening through the headphone socket. will set it back up with the rest of the system later... cant wait :cool:

Re: Re:

bluetomgold":w46pfzbm said:
Nice! How was the bill?

SFDqQAo.jpg

Re: Re:

enc":2kohe9yg said:
bluetomgold":2kohe9yg said:
Nice! How was the bill?

SFDqQAo.jpg

Probably about a third of what it would cost down south...and that's if you can find anyone half decent.

In future I know where to send my broken tape decks... Let us know how the repair works out long term!

:)

bluetomgold":l09xx8b2 said:
Looks great... I've got a knackered one of those Kenwood amps in my shed! Nice to see you're rocking the minidiscs too... Does the tape deck actually work?

Confused here :? :?

You say you have one of those Kenwood amps, I can clearly read TRIO on it am I missing something :?: :?: :?:

kermitgreenkona88":2jt4nifu said:
bluetomgold":2jt4nifu said:
Looks great... I've got a knackered one of those Kenwood amps in my shed! Nice to see you're rocking the minidiscs too... Does the tape deck actually work?

Confused here :? :?

You say you have one of those Kenwood amps, I can clearly read TRIO on it am I missing something :?: :?: :?:

Kenwood and Trio are the same.

Back