Polo MK2 - rekindling my youth !!

@MikeyMK did you also have a metallic blue mk2 coupe?

Your name rings a bell as there was a Mikey on clubpolo who used to be extremely knowledgeable on the 1.6 conversions, way before it became a "thing".

Re:

Yeah, that was me. Started off a red one in '04 with a 1.6 Felicia engine, various lumps in the blue one as i developed the 1.6 AFH, built the white one with the best set-up I'd found - all on various bike carbs.

Had some fun times on that forum, good times at shows. Had a good track day a few months before the crash.

Seemed a shame to throw in the towel but I had 13 broken bones for a start, it wasn't gonna be acceptable to build another one and put my 5yo kid back in one.

Re:

MikeyMK":24xpnwvc said:
Seemed a shame to throw in the towel but I had 13 broken bones for a start, it wasn't gonna be acceptable to build another one and put my 5yo kid back in one.

I have fond memories of my polo's but wouldn't drive one daily nowadays after tasting the reliability of jap cars :eek: Maybe in 10+ years i'll get a hankering to hark back to my youth but for now I'm happy with memories!

My last Coupe S was sold on because it became unreliable. I kept it in pristine condition but spent loads of time and dosh trying to trace an electrical fault that, whilst you could get power to anything else, stopped the starter getting any juice. A bit after it went I read about an identical issue on a mkI Golf GTi that was caused by damp on the back of the instrument panel which unlike other Polo's was identical to the one in the Coupe S. Mucho sadness.

Re:

I found the picture of my Coupe S, Bob. Next to it is my GF’s breadvan.

Attachments

• 15EB04F1-3BE4-4E20-865D-03E860CDEBB6.jpeg
    15EB04F1-3BE4-4E20-865D-03E860CDEBB6.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 220
Back