My 1978 ladies shopper bicycle

Retrogal

Retro Newbie
Hi I’ve purchased a ladies shopper bicycle it’s stamped on the sturmey archer hub as October 1978 , there is no detailing marks , no headbadge , an all steel bicycle I purchased it off gumtree and paid very little money I fell in love with it straightaway , but she had a. Few problems bad tyres bad paint job someone had tried to paint her with a brush and made a very bad job so I had her fully restored a strip down sand blast full powder coat with the original paint of 1970s bright orange she looks great it cost me an arm and a leg and I’ve customisrd her with tassels, wing mirrors, spokey dokeys ,lights reflectors, new basket , but she’s missing her identity I’ve looked at hundreds of these bikes and maybe have her whittled down to maybe an o brien I have no idea I need help to identify her .

Re:

To stand much chance of someone identifying the bike, you would really need to post up or link to some photos of it. Photos of the complete bike and photos of distinctive details would be needed. Despite being a significant sector of the market, women's shopper bikes don't get much attention here - the focus is more on mountain bikes and on road/racing bikes - so I wouldn't bet on someone being able to identify it but you never know. Mumsnet has a cycling section and there might be more expertise in shopper bikes over there. Anyway, good luck with your search.

Back