The HiFi chat, build and modification thread!

legrandefromage":eslx3beq said:
Do you want me to refurb the Mission amplifier?

What would that involve? Happy to post it to you. Was looking at this guy but it seems a lot of dosh. This one is well ratty if you move anything at the back. Power switch missing but the rest is all there and front panel nice. :facepalm: The phono stage is redundant and buzzy. I have a rega external. been reading that it maybe would sound bettererer at least with some capacitors renewed? Again, I have no clue.

http://www.amprepairservices.co.uk/

gently pumping out The Lyre or Orpheus quite happily as i type.

legrandefromage":3qzz8he6 said:
I can do the cosmetics and the loose connections, only pay if you're satisfied.

Thanks for the offer but it's alright sat still if you know what i mean.

Might get the full £150 rebuild but a bit of a false economy given a 6 or 7 goes for not much more than that.

I used to refurb this finish all the time - the offer is there, I'm mostly cake powered as you very well know.

Appreciate it. Cheers Matey. Sounds lovely compared to my old Nad. Dac has sorted out the CD and PC too.

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":3log9h9x said:
Velo. They were probably using that beatbox because the Alfa stereo was goosed!

Loved driving them, but the electrics were spare!

lol, you wouldn't want a stereo in it any, it's an Alfa V6, sounds fab! :cool:

Re:

The magazines will say no but they are so well built, with the right cartridge, they will be excellent.

They are well built, they are also quite expensive. I reckon you could easily equal or even better one, sonically, for less money with something like a Rega Planar, or perhaps one of the Pro-Ject decks.

Back