al

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I just got me one of them there bouncy bikes!! :D

First one since selling my Superlight. :( Damn fool!!

It's the RM Element Tall Paul was selling. It's in really good nic and mostly og. Apart from chainset tyres and a few other Perishables.

I'm going to strip all the Shimano tat off obviously. With a brake from the norm I will be keeping it and putting it in a box incase I want to build it back as a period bike.

I'll get some pics up when it is a little more to my tastes.

Thank you for your time in this matter.

al. :D Maybe this will save my back from more damage.

Looks like this, only bigger. :D

image-1.jpg

I saw that forsale, what a beauty wish I was'nt such a short a@*e, would have had a punt on that myself, congrats on a wicked bike mate :D

Cheers!

Had it in bits today.

Changed the bars, stem, seat, wheels, pedals, tyres, cassette, grips, qr's.

Just the pin, mechs, bb, levers, brakes to go!

al, jobs a good'n :D

I picked this up for Paul from a seller in Hove. His main bike was a Litespeed road bike and an indication of how little this bike had been used was that it still had its front brake lever on the left, as it had been ever since he bought it in Germany many years ago. [Good job it was four sizes too big for me, because if I had tried to ride it I would probably have crashed into a tree before I worked that out!]

Considering that Paul thinks a Pace RC36 is scarey, I did have fears from the outset that a 1997 Rockshox Indy LT wasn't quite the right fork for him. That would be the bit I would bin (even though it is so beautifully colour-matched!) The frame itself is a very good design and quite light, made out of a top tubeset, so the basis for a good mountain bike.

I rode it for the first time today, you do forget the comedy damping and twangy feel of an early-ish fork. :LOL:

The frame was spot on after I had slackend the spring off a bit. The back end feels really supple as I've never ridden a 4 bar set up. I'm more used to Marin and Santa Cruz full sus.

I've also lost a load of weight in the wheels and tyres, so It goes well too.
I will never be back up to "race speed" ;) on any bike, but this will fit the bill as a back saver, over the next fews years.

The jury is out on the fork though!! And I've been offered a Fox float R, so things may be changing again.

al. :D

A pic of my new ride! :D

Changed a few things.....

American classic wheels
Race Face stem and bars
Flite (natch)
Crank bro's
NOS 8 speed xt cassette
Kenda Klimax lite tyres
Grip shift grips

Needs new brakes, black pin and a nice bb.

Picture074.jpg

Lovely bike... I was toying with the idea of buying this, but my RTS convinced me otherwise...

I'd look out a fox fork, get it sprayed yellow and then put new decals on for an OEM look that matches the frame.

Latest posts

Back