1992 Alpinestars Al-Mega XT - NEW PICS! (page 2)

GT-Steve

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ok another project for the stable turned up in the post today :roll: :roll: :LOL: but still, many thanks to rojo for picking it up on my behalf, packing it and getting it ready for shipping for me..... :cool: :cool:

Can't believe how light she is (even with all the purple ano :oops: adorning her, here and there), and a double bonus in that she has a nice set of Mavic 231's and the Fr has a Bullseye hub - niiice! :cool: :cool:

She is so quick to accelerate, even uphill, I don't think it'll be long befor I get a 52t big ring :shock: :shock: Gonna need some proper off-road tyres first tho... :oops: :oops:

Apologies for the crappy pics, just wanted to get something posted
92AlXT1.jpg

92AlXT2.jpg

92AlXT3.jpg

92AlXT4.jpg

Plans at the moment are to just enjoy her (she's come from a genuine MTB Retrohead) and then a nice clean-up and a spruce of the paint and some of the components :cool:

Steve

Nice. Also like the front hub. Not sure about the seat. Smokes would look good on that

Cheers T. :)

ahh, the Ritchey seat was one I put on cos the one that came on it was modern tat :LOL: :LOL: :oops: :oops:

Would love a pair of smokes, but they're so damn hard to come by at the moment.... :cry:

That is soooooooooooooo nice I love it :D shame about the paint work, what's it gonna be a total strip down and re-spray or just a touch up jobbie? what ever though lovely :D (get rid of those nasty, nasty slicks :twisted: ) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ha ha, yeah those slicks :roll: :roll: not befitting the bike unfortunately :cry:

Yeah the paint's really glossy actually (bright light and i-phone camera don't mix :oops:) but I think the decals are plenty good enough to leave them, so a mask-up, rub down and a touch-up all over will be the order of the day, just for a minty mint refresh to the 18 year old paint.

Got a NOS pair of forks in the same colour to go on, so they're already spoken for ;) :LOL:

Thanks Mark,

She'll look a hell of a lot better when I dig the DSLR out for a proper pic session (oh yeah, and the tyres get swapped). Any ideas where I might be able to get replacement stems? I know they're pretty hard to come by, and I've been searching for about a week now :oops: :oops:

very nice Steve

sjs cycles have 1 1/4 inch quill stems

will look very good when all done :cool:

you will need a bigger garage soon :LOL:

stubbsy :D

Cheers Stubbsy. ;) :)

Garage no1 is now rammed, and garage no2 isn't far behind.... ;) :roll:

The stem's an a-head, and an odd size at that, IIRC. :cry:

Nice!

Not seen one of these for years. A mate used to ride one. When did alpinestars stop making bikes, as they mostly make motorbike clothing these days?

Back