1994 Kona Hahanna

coupi

Retro Newbie
So I've finally begun to sort out this old 1994 Kona Hahanna I got given a few years back by some family friends. So I figured I should join up on a forum too, so here I am!

I don't have any pictures of it as of yet, but I may take some in the coming days...

491536390_584aaf20d2.jpg

This is pretty much what it looks like.

Plans are to get it up and running, as it's currently in a few pieces, give it a new lick of paint, probably all black knowing me and some new tyres.

All being well I'll be ticking a pair of these babies on:
2819135659_b7666c4912_o.jpg

26 x 1.5 Schwalbe Marathons, with a pair of Schwalbe Schraeder tubes in too.

Colour will probably be all satin black, with the current raw/silver wheels, not too disimilar to my BMX then!

I used to know about bikes with gears, as I used to ride mountain bikes, but have been on a BMX for the past few years, so could anyone shed some light on converting this to a single chainring?

Welcome

Welcome to retrobike coupi,

Good luck with your build. That's a good year for Kona IMO.
There is a wealth of knowledge held by many people on this site who will be happy to help you with any questions you need answering.

Information i found helpful at the beginning of my first build was...
Measurements
Headset: 1 1/8 inch
Seatpost: 27.0mm
Seat clamp: 30mm
Front Mech: 28.6mm bottom pull
Bottom bracket: I'll find this out and update it later

Catalogue
http://www.konaretro.com/showarticle.ph ... s/&id=1994

Decals
A guy on here call gil_m can sort new ones for you if you're going for a respray.

I hope this is something to get going
regards
mayco

oh yeah abbreviations, which you may already know, but it took me a while to get as i'm not really in to text speak.
LBS - local bike shop
Bump - is a reply to a thread to push/BUMP it to the top of the list.
IMO - in my opinion
BITD - well used to this site, 'back in the day'

I have just bought a 2005 hahanna frame,and the difference is astounding,they look like different bikes[with yours looking better ;) ]

Its alloy too :shock:
Seems kona are following the current style trends and building long travel sloping frames as standard on their lower end.

give it a new lick of paint, probably all black knowing me

Satin or gloss? Either will look great :cool: or even matt :?
I hope your talking powder coating and not rattle can in the shed :LOL:

Satin black, just like my BMX. It will probably be a rattle can job, until I go to get the wheels for my car powdercoated.

Back