1992 Rocky Mountain Altitude

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
1992 Rocky Mountain Altitude in Tange Prestige Ultralite. Build will involve steerer extended Syncros Powerlite forks, Syncros stem (naturally) and then period XT kit. Bits I'll have to find include cranks, front mech (26.8, top pull) and wheels although I've got stuff to get it up and running for now.

Anyway, after freeing the thankfully tight but not seized seatpost, putting some rust prevention/inhibitor inside the frame, a bit of T-Cut and touch up on the red parts (yellow touch up to follow) this is the result.

Quite excited, maybe my bike for OWMTBC10?

Attachments

• RM Altitude.JPG
    RM Altitude.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 2,615
If I had a hammer, hang on, I did have one, but the Altitiude and the Blizzard were the stuff dreams were made of. Very nice, good luck with the build. [/u]

Gonna be awesome dude!!

Do they talk like that in Canadialand?

You're going to love the way that frame rides. Now stop blathering and get building.

al. :D

What size seatpost should it have? Just wondering if it had a 27.2 in a 27.0 hole, which would make it v.tight. I only ask as my similar age Equipe was 27.0.
V.nice by the way :D

Thanks chaps, still plenty of potential to mess this one up but it's a reasonable start.

Oh, and it's definitely a 27.0 post , just installed without any or very little grease as it was very dry. A layer of Plasticote on the bottom ensure it was an even tighter fit but an anti-clockwise screwing motion sorted that right out :twisted:

ededwards":3arnrlz0 said:
Thanks chaps, still plenty of potential to mess this one up but it's a reasonable start.

If I might be so bold I would like to draw your attention to the following thread:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ight=build

I have found it invaluable and should you wisely choose so to do, following every direction to the letter will ensure that any "potential to mess it up" is steered well clear of. Think of it as a "how a gentleman should build his velocipede" version of Debretts guide to etiquette and modern manners.

Back