Merlin Echo

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Sort of not mine anymore but wish it was still. If anyone knows of it's wearabouts I'd be interested.

Anyway, thought I'd post it to keep the gene pool fresh as it were.

:)

Attachments

• Echo02.jpg
    Echo02.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 2,960
  • echo01.jpg
    echo01.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 2,960
  • Arch02.jpg
    Arch02.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 2,959
Superb.
I really, really like that :!:

Looks great and I bet it rides great too. :D

Beauty is in the eye

Gus is a professional aesthete - hence the frequent changes of clothing and changes of bike!!! :cool:

Neil

PS. Some other clan member once said: 'Beauty can seem to fade once you own it... only to miraculously return when you've lost it!'

Kind words indeed chaps - thank you.

It was a beautful bike - wish I still owned it. Only thing was you could (thunk) always feel (thunk) and even hear the (thunk) rear shock topping back out as it (thunk) rebounded.

And no I wasn't too light/ heavy for it. Played around with what option there was for elastomers/ springs and couldn't get it to go quiet/ smooth.

Plus side was a stunningly quick accellerating machine on fluid trails. Admitedly more on the flatish than up hills, it was a bit quirmy up hills. But so nicley made. Still wish I had it, but couldn't justify an XLM as well.

It went to the west country I seem to remember. Can't be that many around as it was the last year they made Echo's and the only year they had the sloping geometry. Bet it's the only one in the UK or something. :roll:

Back