Merckx Corsa Extra **FINSIHED!**

rutteger

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Dyna-Tech Fan
**PICS AND DETAILS ON PAGE 2**

So, here's the first project of the year - it'll probably be of no interest to 90% of the people on this site :D . The frameset is an early 90's (ish) Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra (big thanks to ededwards). Planning on building her up with mavic bits throughout but will see how things progress. If I drop on a set of campag deltas for peanuts I may go down that route.

For the un-educated you will struggle to find a better riding road frame than a steel merckx. Motorola still campaigned MX Leaders in the spring classics throughout the 90s.

Attachments

• merckx.jpg
    merckx.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 4,033
I think roadbikes can be at laest as nice as mountainbikes, but I do not ride them

Have one, but is never used

If thats the SLX tubeset, then it should be the one with spiral reinforcing inside the seat tube, near the bb end. ;)

Well done - glad you got one. Already regretting selling mine, I'm not saying it's replacement Merlin doesn't do a lot of things better (and lighter), but for the money S/H Merckx frames/ bikes go for, you'll not do a lot better!

I love road bikes... :)

always been into mountain bikes, then one day my boss forced an Eddy Merckx Corsa onto me... 'Matt, you WILL like this!' well after about 1 minute i was flicking through the sunn catalouge and bought a Steel roadbike! :D

Road bikes are awesome... the velocity/effort ratio is second to none, my Fat accelrates fast, but roadbikes are another leauge altogether, everone needs atleast one Roadbike!! :D

nice bike from one of the top builders... :cool:

mattpayne":1s1yt2gv said:
I love road bikes... :)

Have to say I'm a closet roadie. Think it's the cafe stops :D

Slowly gathering bits for the merckx. It's going to be fairly well mavic'd up. Bring on spring :cool:

Thats gonna be a classy looking bike :D

Have to admit to doing a few roady miles too. Used to chain gang MTB on slicks which was like red rag to a bull :D

Bought my first (and only) roady a couple of years ago, nothing special, just a bottom of range Trek. Neither flash nor special :(

But shit is it quick!! Just put some new wheels on, saved a pound and half and its great fun :D :D Just way different to MTB.
Would really like something special, but can't really justify it when it gets used for commuting most of time. Actually, never justified anything before....

gump":2ot5rf26 said:
Thats gonna be a classy looking bike :D

Cheers :cool:

gump":2ot5rf26 said:
Have to admit to doing a few roady miles too. Used to chain gang MTB on slicks which was like red rag to a bull :D

You don't go out with the Warwick bash do you? Some guy comes out pretty regular in the summer. Normally makes it round further than I do :cry:

no John, this was a few years ago with the mid devon road club.
Quick ride with some ex-tour riders
oldies, but hell they were fast :shock:

Not sure I could last the distance now. :cry: Sounds like youre a bit too quick to me.

Back