JeRkY's New Project (Roberts Dogs wotsits)

JeRkY

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Never one to let the dust settle on a recently raped and pillaged bank account, I have just met Mr cchris2lou and taken possesion of a 1994 Roberts Dogsbolx.

p1010196_833.jpg

I like the paint job but am unsure if it will be staying as it is a little shabby. I have a whole world of somewhat faded red bling that may look good on it, other than that I am unsure of the build plan.

It came with a set of chrome Pace RC30's so first thing is to build it and ride it...then take it from there.

If any one has any suggestions for the build I am all ears!

I was sort of expecting an RC300 to be my next build, to finally complete my rather extensve collection of Square tubed Pace's. However the Roberts jumped out at me!

This will be my second Roberts build, my first being my 1993 Genesis.
P1010196.jpg

If any one has any red/blue anno parts to match, I may very well be interested. Also very keen to her ideas for rigid forks as I dont think the chrome RC30's really fit in.

This thread shall be updated as the project progresses.

Black seat pin would look better. Oh and red forks . My two for a starters

Looks ace. Bit of T-Cut before final paint decisions, I think.

There was a pair of red RC30s on ebay the other week, that'd look tidy.

After work last night I started the clean up, pulled the headset cups, & started work on getting the grime off and looking at the deeper scratches.

P1000250.jpg

Pulled the forks apart for a clean, cleaned the threads on the various screws etc.
P1000254.jpg

Admired the Roberts stem
P1000253.jpg

Replaced the headset, rebuilt the forks and connected everything up
P1000256.jpg

This morning I dropped into work early to get an hours workshop time, adding a few bits I had laying around at home.

P1000258.jpg

P1000259.jpg

P1000260.jpg

Then admired the stem again :)
P1000257.jpg

Seek and ye shall find!
P1000261.jpg

Sorry, its one I had on file...not the best close up. It is a Royce ti :)

I am really loving the paint job now! Just looking at ways to carefully remove the name & "personal trainer" decals.

I think it should be made law that all DB's are painted black and white.

A pic of my old 91 snotter!!

al. :D
PB130010.jpg

Back