Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:38 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:54 am 
Lincs AEC
Lincs AEC

Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:34 pm
Posts: 12314
Location: Branston, Lincoln
Retro Smurf wrote:
Pickle wrote:
You landed the ebay one then :wink:




Yes :D, Massive thanks again for pointing it out to me :D


No worries 8)

Makes me miss my 852 which now lives with chrisv40.

A DX build is the way forward with this one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:56 am 
Devout Dirtbag
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 pm
Posts: 133
lewis1641 wrote:
that looks to be mint


Thanks, I will get more photo's up as soon as it arrives :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:00 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:35 am
Posts: 673
Location: Melbourne, Australia
love it! Doing a Proflex build myself at the moment, its good to have some inspiration from fellow 'flex afficionado's


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:29 am 
Devout Dirtbag
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 pm
Posts: 133
skinnyboy wrote:
love it! Doing a Proflex build myself at the moment, its good to have some inspiration from fellow 'flex afficionado's



:D sure is let me know how you get on with your build what frame you got?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:33 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:35 am
Posts: 673
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Retro Smurf wrote:
skinnyboy wrote:
love it! Doing a Proflex build myself at the moment, its good to have some inspiration from fellow 'flex afficionado's



:D sure is let me know how you get on with your build what frame you got?


1995 Animal. just painted it now waiting for the bits from the polishers and i can finally put it together.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:41 am 
King of the Skip Monkeys
King of the Skip Monkeys
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:34 pm
Posts: 26173
Location: Moomin Valley
Original kit on the was M730 with the 'endless band' on front mech, a bit tricky to find. Also the rear brake operated via a rocker which is also manufactured in unobtainium if you havent got one.

The headtube is 1 1/4 and was specced with the combined titanium flexstem and bar combo.

Mine pre Pickle with M730 nicked for my GT and replaced with DX/ Deore MT-60 mix

Image


the rear suspension can be easily repaired using those big fat elastomers found from underneath those big fat ladies seats (the seats, not the ladies)


such as:

Image


Last edited by legrandefromage on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:43 am 
Devout Dirtbag
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 pm
Posts: 133
skinnyboy wrote:
Retro Smurf wrote:
skinnyboy wrote:
love it! Doing a Proflex build myself at the moment, its good to have some inspiration from fellow 'flex afficionado's



:D sure is let me know how you get on with your build what frame you got?


1995 Animal. just painted it now waiting for the bits from the polishers and i can finally put it together.

Image


Wow minter love the colour choice was toying with the idea of getting mine resprayed team red with silver/grey swing arm :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:50 am 
Devout Dirtbag
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 pm
Posts: 133
legrandefromage wrote:
Original kit on the was M730 with the 'endless band' on front mech, a bit tricky to find. Also the rear brake operated via a rocker which is also manufactured in unobtainium if you havent got one.

The headtube is 1 1/4 and was specced with the combined titanium flexstem and bar combo.

Mine pre Pickle with M730 nicked for my GT and replaced with DX/ Deore MT-60 mix

Image


the rear suspension can be easily repaired using those big fat elastomers found from underneath those big fat ladies seats (the seats, not the ladies)


such as:

Image


Its a long term build so will try and spec all M730 and I think the rear brake rocker is present, good advice on the Elastomers as I was a little worried about sourcing these :D just need to find a Flexstem bar combo then. Again everyone thanks for your kind words and advice :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:29 pm 
Lincs AEC
Lincs AEC

Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:34 pm
Posts: 12314
Location: Branston, Lincoln
legrandefromage wrote:
The headtube is 1 1/4 and was specced with the combined titanium flexstem and bar combo.


It was very, very nice 8)

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:42 pm 
Classified Mod / Lincs, East and South Yorks AEC
Classified Mod / Lincs, East and South Yorks AEC
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:45 pm
Posts: 6009
Location: East Yorkshire
Still is very nice :wink:

Full Dx now.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: F.R.O., jameshurrell, Klein-aficionado, reanimation and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group