1993 trek 9000 nearly finished !!!!

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
on the first retroride with the lincs this year we got chatting,as we do :roll: and i mentioned how cool the old 9000 bikes were and how id love one. chrisv40 mentioned he had one and got me thinking,then pondering and later that night a deal was done ;) .turns out its been around a few retrobike riders and when i got it a week or so later the condition was far better than id hoped for :D .i planned on a full powder coat repaint etc and xtr blah blah blah :roll: .

after a few wise words from pickle and the lack of full time employement and funds coming in i decided to keep the bike as was,the patina was right,the bits have started coming together and the end is in site.

heres a sneaky pic of the 9k built with spares lying around so i could ride in circles in my garden to check for sizes etc.sorry for the crap pic,better ones will follow over the coming weeks :D :D :D

442010057.jpg

plans are now to build a modern 90's build with 94/95 8 speed lx and restored spares,read polished :cool: bits and a few nos parts thrown in.i have a massive bits pile now and cant wait to ride it,although i admit it will be a summer dry ride only bike,due to the fact i have other bikes and thgis is my first proper periodish resto build.

well my peers,i know its not the most impresive full boinger but what dya rek?. i know there spose to be crap but tbh i dont care it looks cool as fook :cool: lol

Something different which is always good. Agree it was a good decision to keep as it is and not respray it as well. Can always do that next winter or a later date if you love it that much!

Why are they meant to be so bad then? Not a bike I remember from way back when.

That looks spot on Chris cant wait to see it again :D

Gonna bring it next Sunday if the weathers good?

Been waiting for this! I really really wanted one of these when i was 13. How does it ride in circles?

Bagsy a ride when you get it done.

rides in circles really well lol,didnt notice much flex tbh,but then i didnt ride it proper either.........yet :twisted:

I vaguely remember these when they came out. What is it - '93, '94? Can't wait to see the pic's :).

coomber":1da6811g said:
Why are they meant to be so bad then? Not a bike I remember from way back when.

no damping in the shock so it essentially acts like a pogo stick. nice to look at though

well,update time...........................its all but finished.spent the last few hours polishing a set of bars and started some stubbie bar ends,fitted some new pedals and rode up n down my road a bit :cool:

needs brakes and gears fettling and a nut n bolt check,shake down and were good to go.

pics coming up :D

Back