Litespeed Obed 1994

ratbane

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just got her up and running. Still a couple of components to change, but she rides superbly in her current Mazz Z2 guise.

Photos will up this weekend, but wanted to start by giving her current weight. Plenty of scope for reduction too.

Fully pedaled and tyred, 24.4lb.

Here she blows. Risers instead of flats, as she rides sweetly like that.

Attachments

• 3c.JPG
    3c.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 3,596
  • 3a.JPG
    3a.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 3,596
  • 2a.JPG
    2a.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 3,596

Few more.

Attachments

• 4a.JPG
    4a.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 3,594
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 3,594
  • 3d.JPG
    3d.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 3,594
Obed

Spec

Frame: 18" Litespeed Obed. 1994. Lynskey built. Original decals on order.
Fork: 1998 Marzocchi Z2 Bam 80mm.
Headset: Cane Creek C2
Wheels: Hope Hubs, Rims 517 SUP Ceramic, DT Swiss DB Spokes.
Tyres: Panaracer Smoke/Dart.
Chainset: Shimano XT.
Mechs: Fr LX, Rear XTR.
STis: Shimano XTR V 9 spd.
Cassette: XTR
Brakes: Avid Arch Rivals.
Saddle: WTB SSK.
Stem: WTB.
Bars: Easton Monkey Lite.

Intention is to fit flat Ti bars, XTR fr mech.

Nice! You sure it's a '94? Cos it looks very much like mine which is a '99. Not talking of the decals, but details like no canti mount, alloy insert in headtube, dropouts, and general look of it.

Obed

sylvain":1gbqo335 said:
Nice! You sure it's a '94? Cos it looks very much like mine which is a '99. Not talking of the decals, but details like no canti mount, alloy insert in headtube, dropouts, and general look of it.

Definitely 1994. This frame has been the subject of much mooting regarding it's age, and discussion with Litespeed, other RBers and catalogue shots show it to be 1994. '94 bikes had no canti mount.

Frame number tallies with 1994 too. Also, the rear mech cable routing is over the seat stay, and the toptube cable stops are riveted.

saltyman":1tafe4cu said:
how does it ride matey?

Rides superbly. Even with the risers, which seem to suit its' balance. Very pacey uphill. The Z2s work nicely with it.

I still intend to replace bars with wide flat Ti's.

Re: Obed

ratbane":3qidzeeh said:
Definitely 1994. This frame has been the subject of much mooting regarding it's age, and discussion with Litespeed, other RBers and catalogue shots show it to be 1994. '94 bikes had no canti mount.

Frame number tallies with 1994 too. Also, the rear mech cable routing is over the seat stay, and the toptube cable stops are riveted.
Sorry - you are right. I had a look at the '94 catalogue.

I didn't think models 5 years apart would look so similar.

EDIT: I can't see - is there the noodle near the seatpost for the canti hanger ?

Back