PROJECT I WANT NICKEL! (PARKPRE)

volvo1980

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Well it started when i recently built a p7 up but lusted after a nickel one but while looking for a nickel p7 this TEAM 925 frame turned up on here and i had to have it-
p7002.jpg

parkpre.jpg

So the p7 was stripped and used as a donor bike(frame and fork now for sale)
So here it is just built and wheeled out-

p7009.jpg

p7012.jpg

It's not entirely how i want it yet but i had to get it built for the Ambleside ride on saturday.
I got hold of a 27.mm raceface xyo post for it but its slightly too big so i need a 26.8mm, also i have a race face stem on the way. i'm also thinking some magura racelines would look cool?
Purple seems to work with the pink decals so i think a few anodised bits will be on it soon.
It also needs the obligatory flite saddle to finish!

Looks great :D How does it ride? Has it got that whip you were after?
I'm surprised 27.0 is too tight, could it be the top of the seatube needs easing out a bit if it's been nipped too tight in the past?

Easy_Rider":yg9d7b4i said:
Looks great :D How does it ride? Has it got that whip you were after?
I'm surprised 27.0 is too tight, could it be the top of the seatube needs easing out a bit if it's been nipped too tight in the past?

I have only been up and down the drive but it feels nice, need a bit of a ride before saturday to make sure everythings ok.
I cant remember who said it but apparently some of the early parkpre frames were 26.8mm, i tried easing the top of the seat tube but its definatly not 27mm

Excellent job, really like that. Yes, the very early 925's had a 26.8 seat post. Good to see another Porkpie on the site :cool:

BTW it's not nickel, it's Ti plating :cool: :cool: The brushed effect is a finish in the lacquer. If you look at my 925 I have removed the lacquer which reveals a shiny smooth surface underneath. Almost chrome like in appearance but much higher maintenance where the Ti plating has been chipped off.

Back